My poor Sheena

meowman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, Debby, it's OK. I hit a cat once, long before I became a cat person and I was very upset. He took off immediately, so I have no idea if he lived or died, but to have hit any animal is, sometimes, unavoidable. I hate it when cats sit near the road and THEN haul arse as you approach. I'm so paraniod when I see any animal near a road, because I would be a shambles were I to hit one, especially since I've softened with age. That fox has gone to a better place where there are huge fields of green to tun across and where no cars can hurt him. It's a sad part of life that I'm sure has happened to us all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Catarina and MeowMan, it makes me feel better to know I am not the only one who feels like this. I was so upset about hitting that fox, it was so beautiful, and when I got home, and told my hubby, all he could say was," why didn't you bring it home...a fox fur is worth 25 bucks." Geesh!!!! Have a heart!!!!!
Thanks for being such good friends, and for listening.

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Debby,
I haven't spoken to you in so long! I'm wondering how you're doing & of course Sheena too! I hope all's well with you guys. How is she recovering? I've been online surfin and here at the Cat Site quite a bit. My friends think I've fallen off the earth for a while...kinda in depression; but I'm okay, it's just something I had to go through. I've gone through it and I'm okay. I knew this would happen. I just had to be a recluse for a couple of days. I knew it! Hey, I guess I know myself pretty good huh? Anyway, I was reading a few threads and some of them are heartwrenching at best. I hope Terri can get help for those kitties. I'm just happy to be able (I think) to hopefully (lol) get this to you somehow...I hope you're in the Carribean somewhere in Costa Rica, maybe? LOL...soakin' up the rays? LOL...Oh well, nice thought...have fun whatever you're doing.
Take care & Many Blessings!
Always,

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catarina.....Sheena is doing well....I take her in tomorrow morning to get her stitches out. And also she will be spayed tomorrow.

I truley appreciate your support....I feel so lost these days, and depressed, noone understands how I feel about losing my dad...and they all expect me to just get over it....and yes it has been 6 months since he passes, but it is hard for me to just "shake" it off and go on. Doesn't anybody understand this? I have been told by a "friend" of mine (and I say that lightly) that I need physiciatric help....because of my depression.

Well, I must say, that one of the things that does make me feel good about life, is coming here and talking to you all. And the love of my cats....I feel so loved when they show their love to me.

People can be cruel....but your cats never are.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Also, this person told me that I am selfish and only think of myself...and that while I make comments about having no money...I seem to have plenty of money to take care of my many pets (dogs & cats. )

To me that doesn't count. That is like feeding your family. I am so sad tonight.
People can be so cruel.

[Edited by Debby on 03-08-2001 at 11:27 PM]

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Debby,
I wish I would have known you were on here earlier. I have have my privacy windows up only because I have been a little depressed myself. I do understand that you're depressed. What I don't understand is someone that would say that you're selfish because you feed your animals. To me that's a bit envious or jealous. I do believe this person is not a true friend. I'm sorry to say...perhaps I should not say that at all, but...I wouldn't say that to my friend especially if I knew that that made her happy to do something so positive and made a big difference in a cruel world. Ya know? Anyway, why do you think there should be a time limit on getting over someone's death? I don't see that you should put that pressure on yourself. Maybe one day you could go to a place where you and your Dad enjoyed together and sit. Reminice there about good times you had with him. I do that with my Dad. He's been gone 25 years now. He died very young. I've moved on; but it was very hard and I made lots of mistakes along the way. You're doing just fine. Stay with positive people, talk and let your emotions out. Try to always be honest with yourself and others. Let God be your first Love. He will show you the truth and the way. You'll be fine hon...have faith...believe and relax...can I get an Amen from ya. <w>

By the way, I think you're a great person; and I don't even know you...lol...okay...so take a deeeeeeeep breath in through your nose.......and slowly release it through your mouth.....aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....how'd that feel?

God Bless You!
Big Hugs!

[Edited by Catarina77777 on 03-09-2001 at 12:37 AM]

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh Catarina....the deep breath felt really good!

Thank you

I wish we lived coser....I think you and I have made some sort of a bond, I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for being here for me through my rough times.....and I am so sorry about Kadaffi....I did pray....and I know he is in heaven.

I dont know you well...but I already love you.

I know some people who know me think I am having far to hard a time dealing with my fathers death, and that I need to "snap" out of it....but none of these people have ever lost a parent....I am not trying to gain sympathy, I just need somone to understand....and it hurt me so bad when I got the e-mail, from someone who used to be a good friend, saying how selfish I was......

I am sorry for laying all this out on you.....it's just that it hurts...and I needed to talk.

Thank you for listening....and I am so glad you came here to the catsite, and I met you.

Debby

[Edited by Debby on 03-09-2001 at 01:40 AM]

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Debby,
I think I found my little sister! awwwww
you're right we have a true bond...and I honestly believe the Lord led us to one another I really do.
Oh and thank you for your prayers for Kadaffi...I know you loved him too! xoxox...he was such a good boy.

I wanted to tell you something I thought you might find ineresting. When my Dad passed away, I was having a rough time with life on life's terms. I just didn't get it. I didn't want to get it. I was spoiled rotten, not materialistically, it was just that no one could tell me what to do. It was like I knew everything. Well, that came to an abrupt ending and quick too. To make a long drawn out story short, I wound up in a rehab. I was a mess! My councelor's used to tell me that they used to cousel one another after they couseled me...nice, huh? Well, after I was through with the fun & games...I decided to get serious. My father's death seemed to play a significant role in my mental instability. That was at that point..lol...well, Remember one thing..For those that do not understand an explanation is impossible; for those that do; an explanation isn't necessary. That's always stuck out in my mind. It's gotten me through a lot of things with people and I've grown from it. I hope you can too.
Hang in there sweets...no pressure...just remember God doesn't want you to worry...give it all to HIM

Lots of Hugs & Love!
Always........

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Catarina, thank you so very much for what you said....it does make me feel better! I needed someone to understand....and God sent me an angel *you*

I truely appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we never lose touch! And I always wanted a sister!!! Cool!!!

catarina77777

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Debby,
I'm really happy to see you smile...teehee. (I bet you didn't know I could see you from here)
Anyway, I always wanted a sister too! I didn't know you didn't have a one!...How 'bout that...looks like we're stuck with one another. Cool!
Whatever it is that you need I'll be here, 'cause that's the way it should be. I know you'd do the same for me.
Not only that you've made it impossible to leave here! LOL Oh, yeah...so did you say you have AIM...if you email me your s/n I'll put you on my buddy list. My email is [email protected] so, you can go ahead and put me on your AIM buddy list okay?
It'd be great to chat with you!
Lots of hugs!
God Bless You Debby & All Your Loved Ones
Always,

threeleggedkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Debby, I just read about Sheena, and I, too, am glad she will be okay. I have two dogs Princess and Charley Me Boy. They are both mixed and pound adopted and both look to have some shepherd influence. They are very special and have had their share of close calls and late nite vet trips, but it is worth the expense. I know some people don't believe like this, but I feel that God has a special love for all his creatures. I know Catarina agrees with me. After all, He created them before man! My Pastor says that there will be no animals in heaven because they have no souls, but that's okay because we will only be in heaven for 7yrs for the "Marriage Supper of the Lamb" and then we all return to the New Earth for eternity and animals will be here with us then. Okay, so now you all think I'm even nuttier than you suspected. God bless you and Sheena (Queen of the Jungle)

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Naaaa, I don't think your nutty...at all!!! I think you are a christian!!

And Catarina...is bufbod your nickname on AIM? I will e-mail you mine.

You both are wonderful!!!

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Debby,
Glad your dog is doing O.K. It sounds like most of the people on the cat site are dog people, too. I know I am absolutely crazy about my dog. She is a mixed breed hound of uncertain parentage (knew her mom but, who knows who her dad was?). She is so sweet and truly fun to have around. She is so good to the cats and they all seem to like her-some more than others! I wouldn't trade her for the world and we plan on putting an electronic fence in this spring so that she can run and play in our yard but, not get up to the main road which is extremely busy. Couldn't stand for anything to happen to her.

Kaaren

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you Kaaren....I know how you feel! It is awful when something happens to them...we do love them so much.