My poor old cat

dewdroppony

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat turned 12 years old last month. We took her into the vet to get a check up. She has started peeing on this one box of shoes that we keep in by our laundry room. We got the regular physical and the dr. wanted to run some other tests to find out why she is peeing. The dr. also said she has a heart murmur and we have to take her to the kitty cardiologist and have a altrosound done on her health because she might have heart disease. If she does we have to get her started on meds. As far asthe peeing the vet said that she either has a behavioral problem or a tract infection either of which will require meds. I had no idea that so much could be wrong with her. She still acts like she did when she was 2 years old. She runs everyday, she jumps on the counters everyday, and still likes playing with string. My poor cat.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good vibes to your baby

Hope everything turns out ok for her

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to read that your kitties health is not so good.... poor thing. How marvellous though that she doesnt seem to be too bothered by it.

GOOD LUCK with everything - please keep us updated on how she is doing.

(((healthy vibes))) being sent your way from across the ocean

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did they do blood tests, including a thyroid panel? With a 12 year old cat, I would highly recommend a blood screen. Your kitty could have something like hyperthyroidism, which is very treatable. Often kitties who develop heart murmurs later in life have high blood pressure caused by the overactive thyroid gland. Hyperthyroid cats also have a tendency to drink and urinate more.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

Did they do blood tests, including a thyroid panel? With a 12 year old cat, I would highly recommend a blood screen. Your kitty could have something like hyperthyroidism, which is very treatable. Often kitties who develop heart murmurs later in life have high blood pressure caused by the overactive thyroid gland. Hyperthyroid cats also have a tendency to drink and urinate more.
and a senior or geriatric panel...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dewdroppony

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Did they do blood tests, including a thyroid panel? .
Yes, it did.

Often kitties who develop heart murmurs later in life have high blood pressure caused by the overactive thyroid gland.
All the tests came back normal. She is on the high side of normal with her blood pressure and cholersteral. We still have to collect a pee sample.