My poor Lilly is gone

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

It was horrible, I remember bringing Katina out to say goodbye to her brother. It's definitely a tragic thing
It's horrible, isn't it, when a cat loses a sibling. Pixie's sister, Laurel, ran into the street and got killed by a car. Pixie cried for days, it was dreadful to hear.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Primula

It's horrible, isn't it, when a cat loses a sibling. Pixie's sister, Laurel, ran into the street and got killed by a car. Pixie cried for days, it was dreadful to hear.
It is
. She laid in this empty ramen noodle case for days, even chewing on it, it's where he slept half the time (and rolled off the shelf a few times
Ahhh Monte). She walked around looking for him and we were worried she'd try and follow his scent into the road or something. When I showed her Monte after his death, its almost like she knew though, because she didn't once struggle in my arms when I carried her and held her by him, and usually she hated being held much. We got her a "new brother" but she wasn't a fan of any other male cats except her Monte-bro. She lives happily as a single cat with my in-laws next door now, but I can only imagine what life would still be like with Monte for her to play with (though I probably wouldn't have Nero, Hoshi, and/or Neko). I've also had other littermates deal with their sibling passing and it's so sad to hear them cry and watch them grieve.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixie has never had a "friend" since her sister died. They were inseparable, but eventually Pixie forgot.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, and also your family members' lack of understanding for your feelings. , Lilly.