My poor darling...

leslied40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took my kitty to the vet today cuz she's been urinating all around her litter box. They said it wasn't a UTI but, they did say she had a lot of bacteria in her urine. I was so worried! I didn't get a chance to ask them how she got it. I hope it wasn't from me! I try to keep her litter clean throughout the week and change it weekly! Now she has to take pain medication and amoxy!!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UTI is Urinary Tract Infection so if it is bacteria, it must be a UTI

Anyway, lots of healing vibes for your baby. I don't think it's anything you did wrong, so don't feel bad about that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leslied40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i know! that's what I was thinking too....but, i was so nervous my mind wasn't thinking when they were talking to me!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your vet's office should welcome a call from you asking for clarification about the diagnosis.
They know that people are stressed out when their kitty is undergoing an exam and easily become confused.
I am sending healing vibes.

Keep us updated.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhhhhh.... I hope your little kitty feels so much better! As far as what they told you? Well, if I am understanding your post correctly, they may have found a high bacteria count in the urine, but until that count reaches the "magic number'', it is not considered a UTI. --But it could still show a high bacteria count. So, if it were not treated with antibiotics a bit early, like they are doing now, probably, by next week, your kitty WOULD have a pretty severe UTI!
GET WELL VIBES being sent your little kitty's way!