my poor baby is ill/hurt!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For everyone's information, in the UK windows don't normally have screens so this is not a practical option. And yes, Sainsbury have everything you will need, or you could try a local Homebase or B&Q store.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi there, I'm also in London!

You should be able to get everything you need in Sainsburys without any problem, especially if it's one of the bigger supermarkets.

If she's not used a litter tray before then I would fill it with earth from outside at first, since that is what she is used to going to the loo on, and once she is used to using the tray gradually mix in cat litter to get her used to it before switching over to just using the litter.

I keep my cat indoors, although many people here express surprise about that, I know that he is safer and healthier indoors. It is easy to keep an indoor cat from being bored quite cheaply, or even for free, with cardboard boxes of different sizes and paper bags - they love exploring them and hiding in them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah for now i have some newspaper laid down with some earth on it but shes not using it yet, she paws on it like she is about to use it but then just sits on it
I'm keeping a watch on her just in case she poops anywhere else, I'm going to look around town tomorrow and see what i can find.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OK, the cat woke me up this morning to be fed, but it's to early yet 6 am! and she did the most ironic thing ever! she jumped off my bed walked past the newspaper and sat on her own bed and did a pee
now i have to clean those sheets now or it will smell
I'm afraid she will do the same thing when she poops
I'm going out today and i want to confine her to the smallest room and leave the newspaper in there so she would use it i can't leave her in my bedroom because she may poop on my bed sheets
the only room that i see good to use right now is the hallway there is nothing else to poop on apart from the floor (although i would have to clean it up) has anyone got any other ideas what i can do to encourage her to use the newspaper? I'm going to get the litter tray for her today, i just hope she uses it :-S

she did a good thing this morning, she ate a spider, although i have no idea how big it was :-S

OK, she is really annoying me :-( she has just ripped up my carpet she wants to go outside and is miaowing constantly!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HUYI

yeah for now i have some newspaper laid down with some earth on it but shes not using it yet, she paws on it like she is about to use it but then just sits on it
I'm keeping a watch on her just in case she poops anywhere else, I'm going to look around town tomorrow and see what i can find.
She needs to have a litter box... even if you put earth in it. Cats like to dig, and some mud on a news paper probably isn't up their alley.

You can pick up used litter boxes at second hand stores. Even a dish basin that you wash dishes in will work.