My pinky finger is messed up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Do you think its broken??? Not much a doc can do anyhow -just splint it.
Are you still icing it??
no, i don't think it's broken. i've broken several fingers before so i definitely know how that feels vs. a sprain- i think it's just badly sprained. (some sprains can hurt worse than a break though so i think that's what's happened) i mean he bent it ALL the way back!
I put it in a splint- it is much better having it in a splint vs. tapped with my other finger! The wrap i had around it was making my skin itch like crazy
And i'm doing like you suggested and icing it
So hopefully it will be better soon! It sure makes it hard to work/type/wash my hair and all with it like this but at least it's a pink finger and not an index or thumb (i've hurt them all at one point in time so the pinky is the lesser of the evil
) Today Fosters and I spend 30 minutes working on "Down" "stay" and "no jump" commands
Bless his heart!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys! i just got back from the shelter a minute ago (i go on sunday nights to rewater everyone and give meds for about an hour) and ALL of the sweet pups were trying to figure out what kind of contraption was on my hand and see if it tasted good
They kept trying to eat the splint
The little weirdos also LOVE to chew up laytex gloves too-
i'm still not sure what the attraction is with gloves and dogs
Today though my splint was a big hit with them