My outdoor cat have injury, please advice

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi to everyone in this forum.

My cat is in serious injury for one week. I hope someone advice me after posting pictures.

About 40 days a go, my cat was injured in his feet. The injury in his feet swelled which caused me to take him into veterinarian. The veterinarian gave my cat two injections at same time on top of the neck of the cat. One injection contain antibiotic and the other injection for cats diseases because it was the first time i take my cat into a veterinarian.

After a week, everything return fine, the injury in the feet has gone as if nothing was happened but i remarked that a portion of skin on top of the neck starts to change color day after day.
Suddenly and for about a week, the portion of skin on top of the neck decomposed and emit a bad odor, not just that this portion of skin was separated from the rest of the skin which cause a receptive!

I have taken my cat again into the veterinarian, and when he saw that he tell me don't worry, take the antibiotic spray neoclor-t and spray it into the receptive, two times per day. The name of this antibiotic is neoclor-t and i have attached an image of it as well.

Now, after a week from doing that, i don't see any advance in the situation. I am very sad of the future of my cat with such situation. Here are phtotos of the injured skin:

and here is the antibiotic spray i am using til now:

Thank you for reading.

my2cats67

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
get him a second opinion take him to another vet that is what I would

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You need to take your cat to a new vet urgently. Your cat has a serious infection. If it is after hours, check to see if there is an emergency vet clinic in your area. This is not normal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your advice, i have searched my city and have found a clinic vet. The cat is outdoor and he is not at home now, tomorrow morning i will take him. I will keep updating this topic for anything new.

mason94

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never seen anything like this. And if your vet has seen this and only sent you away some antibiotic spray.... I think he may have a lawsuit on his hands if you decide to pursue justice for your poor kitty. But PLEASE PLEASE  get him care immediately! And not that same vet!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, please find a different vet to take the cat to. This kind of reaction is not normal.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have not indicated where you live, not even what country. The NEOCLOR-T description I find appears to be in Spanish, not English.  At first I thought it was neoCORT, but now realize it is not.  In any case, please get your cat to a vet right away as it appears the tissue is dying and he will need the dead tissue cut away and treatment for the infection.  Do not wait even a day, do it now.

Last edited:

frida

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like you have gotten good advice here. I hope your kitty gets well soon, just wanted you to know I will pray for his recovery. Wishing you the best and please keep us updated on his recovery.

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank all of you, i live in Morocco in city of Temara. If anyone here wants to help my cat just contact by PM. I will definitely take my cat to a new vet tomorrow because today is too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

cocheezie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Responding to your PM. The organization listed above may have a list of accredited vets in your area. Please give them a call.

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi again, yesterday i have searched on Google for a clinic vet in my city and i have found a good one, a high quality vet. Today i have taken my cat to that vet by Taxi because the location is too far from my home. The doctor was there and he is surgeon of animals. He tell me that was the other vet did was completely wrong, the injury is a pollution from injection which caused the skin to move away from the body. He tell me that he will anesthetize the cat, clean up the location and remove the old skin and sterilize the area. The cost of this operation is 400 MAD plus the cat should remain their for 10 days which cost 700 MAD (70 MAD / Day).

As i don't have money for the whole thing, i toll him i will pay the necessary which is 400 MAD for the operation, but i can't pay 700 MAD. Now he toll me okay but your cat won't still here for any day, so i will go afternoon to take my cat back to home because now the doctor is doing the surgeon to the cat.

If ever someone wants to pay the further costs, i can give the link of the website clinic and their there is the mobile / fix phone of the doctor to contact him directly.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for taking your cat to a new vet even though you cannot afford the additional costs. As long as you have the proper instructions on how to take care of him after the surgery I think you will be O.K. Just remember that if the wound does not seem to get any better after you return home with him to take him back IMMEDIATELY. 

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take care of him, but the issue is that my cat live outdoor. Of course, he return regularly to my home for food and to sleep but he don't like to stay at home become he like to follow other cats. Do you know, the doctor today, toll me that my cat have other superficial and small injuries caused by fights with other outdoor cats. So when a cat move outdoor, it is possible that the injury will be polluted but i will try the maximum to clean it up regularly. Lets say what the doctor is going to do afternoon and what is going to be the result, interesting ...

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can you not keep him in your house until the wound is healed? It would be irresponsible to allow a cat with an injury as severe as this to continue to live outside. 

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know why he doesn't like to stay at home during all the day, for example when he return from outside tired, he eat and them i take him to sleep for 4 to 6 hours than he refuse to stay. Maybe he have friends cats outside, also he is already father and have children's.

Anyway, if someone wants to help this little cat, please send your generous donation to my verified Paypal by email: [email protected]

again, because i know people here care about the future of this injury, i will keep updating with images if ever a change happen.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for providing updates. As he's recovering, maybe you can keep him locked in a bedroom or bathroom with his food and litter and some toys to make sure he doesn't get injured or stuck in a fight. That would certainly make the injury worse, something nobody wants!

Is he neutered? I understand you are tight on money at the moment, but if he's not neutered, you may want to consider getting him neutered in the future as well. He might want to be outside a lot because there are females he can smell. Cats usually get in fights over territory or females, so if other male cats are trying to fight him while he's outside, it's safer to keep him indoors for now (even if he doesn't like it).

dareros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You are right, this is exactly what i am talking about, but i just can't keep him at home because my family refuse, my sister and father hates animals at home.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you have your own bedroom? Maybe he can stay there temporarily, and it won't effect your family if your bedroom is not shared.

Also, if you're looking for donations, having some proof of treatment will help for those who have the means to donate. If you/your vet are comfortable releasing the information of the office for people to verify your cat is being treated there, or receipts and invoices specifying the treatment he is receiving, the cost they are charging, and the date, people may be more willing to donate. I know someone who had set up a YouCaring fund (they charge a fee to withdraw the money though) to collect donations to take some rescues to the vet, and others called the vet directly and offered a donation directly to the vet's office so they would know for a fact that it was a legitimate cause. Best of luck!