My new stove!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Momofmany
Well heck, if we're all bragging about our new stoves.....here is my new toy - had it installed 2 weeks ago. An electric Frigidare - flattop with convection oven. I prefer gas but have an all electric house. I got a new countertop at the same time. The house is 100 years old and the kitchen was added on probably in the 1940's - it hadn't been remodeled much since then.
Cool Kitchen! Love it!

nicolette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nicolette:

That kitchen has taken me a year to remodel! The cabinets (all 31 of them, not counting the drawers) were stained BLACK and the floor tile was so old it cracked off without much pressure. The old counter had so many knife marks in it that you couldn't see the pattern. All we have left to do is put in new stainless hinges on those 31 cabinets and we'll call it done.

Thanks for noticing - it's been a lot of work!
You're welcome. I have a small galley type kitchen in my condo and no where for me to make it any bigger.

I really like the wine rack and bookshelf under the microware. You did a great job!!!

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nicolette:

That kitchen has taken me a year to remodel! The cabinets (all 31 of them, not counting the drawers) were stained BLACK and the floor tile was so old it cracked off without much pressure. The old counter had so many knife marks in it that you couldn't see the pattern. All we have left to do is put in new stainless hinges on those 31 cabinets and we'll call it done.

Thanks for noticing - it's been a lot of work!
Noooo not a year to remodel! We are in the process of remodleing my kitchen now*sigh* I haven't been able to cook for 3 months
I can't stand takeout food and sandwiches for a solid year

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now, now, Blondiecat - if your stove is up and running you can cook in your kitchen. It took me a year because I did it in shifts. First the ceiling (painting and new lights and ceiling fan), then the cabinets (one section at a time - the pic only shows a small section of my very large kitchen), then the floor, then back up to the stove and countertops. I should have done the cabinet knobs and hinges when I painted, but I thought the old brass ones would look fine with the white paint. Now I have to take those 31 doors off once again, putty the holes, repaint, then put the doors back on.....sigh. I have 10 done, 21 to go.

The cabinets were by far the hardest to do. It was all real wood (no plywood in my kitchen) so I didn't replace, I just recovered....with 3 coats of primer and 2 topcoats of white paint.

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, now, Blondiecat - if your stove is up and running you can cook in your kitchen. It took me a year because I did it in shifts. First the ceiling (painting and new lights and ceiling fan), then the cabinets (one section at a time - the pic only shows a small section of my very large kitchen), then the floor, then back up to the stove and countertops. I should have done the cabinet knobs and hinges when I painted, but I thought the old brass ones would look fine with the white paint. Now I have to take those 31 doors off once again, putty the holes, repaint, then put the doors back on.....sigh. I have 10 done, 21 to go.

The cabinets were by far the hardest to do. It was all real wood (no plywood in my kitchen) so I didn't replace, I just recovered....with 3 coats of primer and 2 topcoats of white paint.
I wish my hubby would have done the kitchen one section at a time
he tore the whole kitchen out walls, ceilings, counters, cabinets,just everything
My fridge is in my dining room, my dining room table is in my living room, the stove is in the kitchen but is not operable
it is just a big mess. But I know that once it is finished all of the mess will be worth it.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch!

Ok, I did 90% of the kitchen myself and therefore controlled what was done and when. It is also why it took me a year. Hubby did the heavy duty and tedious work. We considered a full tear out and was afraid of what we'd find behind the 100 year old walls.

My advise: nag the husband and reward him a lot as he gets things done. (you didn't hear me say that!)

hehehehe

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved looking at all these pics!!!

Cathi...it might seem bad now, but it will be worth it once it is done!
(I like the reward idea!
)

Nicole...I love the pics of your stove! I am so sorry about your cat crossing the bridge.....but he is probably playing with my Merlin as we speak.

Cindy....I too would never own anything but gas. So much better!!!

Your new stove looks almost exactly like mine (I bought it 3 years ago) except it is an Amana. I love the self cleaning part...except I can only use it in the winter...otherwise the 500+ degree heat for several hours would be way too hot!
(but still worth it though)

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Shell
I've always wanted to get one that has the flat surface, but I've hear bad things about them too.
Shell, I have one of those stoves. I absolutely love it! It's 10 years old, and I've never had a problem with it. Mine is a Whirlpool. It is so amazingly easy to clean the cooktop surface. It remains looking brand new.