My new Singapura!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrandall2000

What is the latest status on Firecracker?
Well, looking for a show where his breeder and I will both be at, so I can take possession of him. The other alternative is have friends in Florida take him, then transport him up to Carolina to a show we'll all be at in November.

It's turning out to be a long process!

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Well, looking for a show where his breeder and I will both be at, so I can take possession of him. The other alternative is have friends in Florida take him, then transport him up to Carolina to a show we'll all be at in November.

It's turning out to be a long process!
Are you sure that Firecracker isn't a figment of someones imagination? If you will excuse the bad plagerism:

"We seek him here, we seek him there, Nial, seeks him EVERYWHERE.
Is he is heaven? Is he is hell? That demmed elusive FIRECRACKER!!!"

(Appoligies to Baronness Orczy of the Scarlet Pimpernel novels.)

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

What we cat owners go thru to get the perfect kitty........
Ahem...coming up to 4 years for my dream stud from the US and still no sign, thank god for my WHATA!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I hope I'm not sticking my foot in my mouth here.......

But, it appears the planets are aligned correctly and we will be getting Firecracker this coming weekend at the cat show in Hickory, NC.

He will be entered as an alter, we will show him, pay his breeder and he will be ours.........no longer the mythical cat with the wound on his head!

We have 3 of our bengals entered in this show. Riding home with 4 cats, of which one isn't a familiar may pose a challenge I'm not willing to deal with.

Have to think about maybe leaving a bengal or so at home for this one.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woo that's good news. Here's hoping everything will go to plan and Firecracker will finally be yours

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

But, it appears the planets are aligned correctly and we will be getting Firecracker this coming weekend at the cat show in Hickory, NC.

Congratulations! My astrologically inclined friends tell me that Mercury is no longer in retrograte, so it seems sure that Firecracker will be joining Judy and the rest of the bengals soon!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I often take a friend to shows and her cats are on the back seat with mine, right next to each other and never made any fuss at all (Ocicats, Russian & Orientals) so they might suprise you and be fine on the journey. Of course you know your cats best

Glad you are finally getting him, and good luck for the show

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

I often take a friend to shows and her cats are on the back seat with mine, right next to each other and never made any fuss at all (Ocicats, Russian & Orientals) so they might suprise you and be fine on the journey. Of course you know your cats best

Glad you are finally getting him, and good luck for the show
Thank-you Amanda! I know exactly what you are talking about and that would work fine, except that our cats are spoiled prima-donna's who don't ride in kennels and are loose in the car. Confined, they are howling maniacs, because they are hell-bent on knowing what is going on around them. When they are out, they are calm enjoyable passengers.
I suppose we could confine the Singapura as he may be much more compliant to stay in his kennel.
We'll figure it out. I paid entry fees for 3 cats, so would like to take all three.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrandall2000

May I ask which Bengals you are taking?
Certainly.

CHA Meridian Tuscany, showing in alter class

Meridian Secret Agent Man, showing in alter class

Meridian Full Metal Jacket Part Deux, showing in kitten class

starfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like we will be seeing each other again, Nial. I am also bring along a new exhibitor with me and her cat. She is my mom's coworker who loves cats. We had the two meet at our place this weekend to see if they can share a hotel room. Her cat was fine considering she was in a new place, but Top Cat did not like the feline guest at all. She has a face like top cat, except she is smaller and is a seal lynx point with mittens (registered her as a seal lynx point and white).

When the kittens met, the female kitten was curious and did not hiss (although somewhat shy considering the situation) while Top Cat displayed his displeasure at having a strange cat in his territory. He would go up to her and then hiss and growl. No cat fights, thankfully, but he was rather vocal about having a cat guest over, so I will have to be creative about the hotel. When I bought my uncle's cat with Luna to the hotel, they didn't like each other but they stayed most apart with only a minor squabble in the evening. I will be bringing the show tent and seeing if I can get a spare cheap one at Walmart in case we have to put them in tents to sleep.

TC was better in the Augusta show than in Orlando, but he was still a bit growly. His main problem was coming out of the cage and certain other cats that had to be separated from him in most of the rings. If he shows no improvement, this will be his last chance since I wanted to try to finish his kitten season (he will be eight months on the 27th of October).

The new cat has more hope since she was able to meet two strange cats without hissing at them or starting fights. My cats, rude as they are, were the ones hissing. Luna, however, was more tolerant. At first, they just touched noses and sniffed butts, but later on Luna deciding to do some hissing.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY!!! Firecracker is on the way

As for a Singapura being compliant.......wait til you meet your Singapura Niall
oh sorry, pardon my mirth! Nope, not likely to be compliant.

Lily will sit quietly, very serenely actually in her carrier but really, really wants to be out, in my arms watching all the lorries go by. And when we are in a town and people go by.....wow, she is there at the window, trying to get them to look at her!

Tolly on the other hand, could howl for England when he's in his carrier. He loves going for rides in the car but does not want to be in his carrier. He wants to be up at the window watching everything going on.

If they are going in the carrier, we put them both in the same one as he is calmer that way.

I can't wait to see photos of Firecracker and hear all about his homecoming