My New Ring

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I went out and bought myself a ring. I'm going to have the date of the pathology report engraved on the inside as a daily reminder of how lucky I am.

I got a really good price on it. 20% sale discount. They are sizing it at no charge plus giving me an additional 10% off.

Here is a picture of it. It isn't as big as it looks in the picture. It's just a nice size to wear on my pinky finger.

I'm currently on unpaid medical leave so I put it on lay away until sometime in September. They tried to get me to buy on credit and don't pay for 6 months, but I would rather wait and pay it outright and own it, rather than have the bill looming over my head for 6 months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went and paid for my ring today.
It's now on its way to be resized. It will be ready for me to pick up next Saturday.
The jeweler doesn't do engraving, so I'll have to take it to a small kiosk in the mall. I'm sure they will be able to engrave it the same day.

I can hardly wait! I inspected the ring again today and did look around a little to make sure I made the right choice, and I'm certain that I did. Nothing else jumped out at me!

Not sure if my fingers were swollen when I initially tried on the sizer a couple weeks ago, or if I lost a little weight, but the ring is going to be a 1/2 sizer smaller than originally thought.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't resist! But it's the last one for sure!

I went to pick up the ring pictured in the first post of this thread. The middle link was loose and I noticed that when it moved around, the end gold links sat on the diamonds of the centre link. I was worried that over time it would cause the claws of the diamonds to wear and result in lost diamonds, so I had them solder the links together.

While I was there waiting for them to find my ring, I found another that I absolutely loved. I had been on the lookout for a ring for my left ring finger that didn't look like an engagement/wedding ring. So now I have one for both ring fingers and my left pinky finger, the perfect number for me