My new rescue cats came with a suprise.

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Long story short I rescued these two guys a little over a month ago from a bad situation. Well I think the female is pregnant shes 1 1/2 year old (the gray/blue colored one atleast I think she has a blue sheen) and out of no were about 2ish weeks ago her stomach ballooned up and more hungry then normal. My male cat that is now fixed I'm pretty sure hes the father. Hes around 6 and hes polydactyl. I'm really curious on what there kittens will look like !! I'm not really happy about this but thinking of how they will come out makes it easier for me to mentally prepare for what's next! Shes also really hard to get a pic of her for is weird lol my male is also all white but his tail is black and white striped and he has like a quarter sized patch of brownish orange were his man bits use to me Haha
20190718_132935.jpg
20190605_011804.jpg
20190718_132345.jpg
20181231_122135.jpg
20190227_111558.jpg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, looking at dad we can guess that he probably has two copies of the white spotting gene. The color of his tail suggests to me that he is probably a brown tabby underneath all that white. Mom appears to be solid blue. Here is what we can guess about their offspring:
  • Assuming dad is brown tabby and white as he appears, they can definitely produce brown tabby and white kittens.
  • If dad is carrying the recessive gene for solid (non-tabby), they might also produce some black and white kittens.
  • If dad is carrying the recessive gene for dilute (blue), they might also produce blue tabby and white kittens.
  • If dad is carrying BOTH solid and dilute, they might also produce blue and white kittens.
All kittens would be expected to have some white on them, but not as much white as dad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lutece thank you ...I pray he Carrie's blue they would be the cutest but I dont think so I'll post a pic after :D what about the extra toes from the father? Will all kittens get that non or some ? ...

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are a few different types of polydactyly in cats. Does he have big "thumbs"?

In any case, it is generally a dominant trait. If he has just one copy of the gene, each kitten would have a 50% chance of inheriting it from him. If he happens to have two copies (less likely), they would all inherit the trait.

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep he has 2 big thumbs looks like he has mittens lol. Thanks for your help :)

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All 4 made it ! From what I can tell 3 are boys and polydactyl one I'm not 100% on gender and 1 is a little girl black and not gray and she has normal toes. The last one was breached !! That was extremely hard to see mom like that luckily I knew what to do ! 2 are gray and white with little tanish brown stripes on the neck one the girl has black white and tanish brown stripes. And one is completely gray and white with no stripes. Mom was very unsure about herself for 3 days 2 of the says I had to help she and she would scream at me to help her. She separated 2 of them together at first i was worried but then i realized she did it to help herself she was very scared and anxious and kept screaming at me untill i moved the kittens the first night or untill I whent with her to feed them. So I kept reassuring her that she was doing good and it's ok. Dad was very supportive left mom along but sat by one time she stoped moving and purring during birth I knew she was sleeping but he was worried and taped her on the head and mowed at her she mowed back and he layed back down. Everyone is good mom is doing grate now. Kittens are little screamers lol
20200304_195724.jpg
20200304_213613.jpg
20200304_202225.jpg
20200304_195639.jpg
20200304_181138.jpg
20200306_132214.jpg
20200304_195724.jpg
20200304_195724.jpg
20200304_195724.jpg

Attachments

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just wanted to show you guys what they grew up to look like :) This is Wednesday in 2 more weeks shes ready for her forever home. She ended up having swimmers syndrome but luckily I knew what to do and she will like happily as a normal kitten :)

Attachments

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is bandit I'm considering keeping him or his other brother "creature" hes a sweetheart ! He wags his tail like his mother and always comes when called or atleast looks in my way untill he gets distracted. He likes to lick and play with my ponytail. :D

Attachments

Moorevik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is poo bear hes almost ready for his forever home. He thinks hes a big boy but hes a big baby hes very loud ! It's really cute he looks like he has a handle bar mustache and a dumpy nose so he looks like a grumpy old man Haha

Attachments