My new momma cat is meowing weird

Snow wolf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 3yr old that just had her second litter of kittens, and now she has a raspy meow. Is that something I need to take her to a vet for? She's fulling vaccinated and is in perfect health. She isn't acting weird or sick, and has no other symptoms of any kind that I can tell.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you take her to the vet you'll need to take all the kittens too since they can't be away from mama for too long. If she doesn't otherwise seem in distress you can wait until the kittens are 8 weeks old and then bring them and the mom in for neutering and vaccinations and an overall checkup. Do you have homes lined up for the kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Snow wolf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you take her to the vet you'll need to take all the kittens too since they can't be away from mama for too long. If she doesn't otherwise seem in distress you can wait until the kittens are 8 weeks old and then bring them and the mom in for neutering and vaccinations and an overall checkup. Do you have homes lined up for the kittens?
I plan to take her asap just to be sure. I have several homes for them, each person will have to meet the kittens and mom before they can have them. They are good homes with people I trust. All will be vaccinated and spay/neutered before they go to their new homes. I'm not risking them getting pregnant farther down the road.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you take her in just for a couple of hours, it may be better to let the kittens be at home. They will manage a couple of your, if its warm and cozy, and they have recently eaten.

But if you do have access to a vet, you can perhaps begin with phoning your vet and ask? The vet will know what follow up questions to give.
You can perhaps record her raspy meows?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Snow wolf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you take her in just for a couple of hours, it may be better to let the kittens be at home. They will manage a couple of your, if its warm and cozy, and they have recently eaten.

But if you do have access to a vet, you can perhaps begin with phoning your vet and ask? The vet will know what follow up questions to give.
You can perhaps record her raspy meows?
Not long after I posted this question her meows are back to normal. I did call my vet and we will bring all in on Thursday as per the vet's recommendation. Thank you 😊