My new couch cover... what do you think?

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, don't you love Ikea? Good quality stuff at prices you can handle without pain. To tell the truth, I'm not crazy about some of their textiles -- Scandinavian tastes are more pop-arty than mine -- but by golly, they're guaranteed to wake you up, eh?

And Ikea may have the only slipcovers in the world that actually look good. With cats, of course, you try to use slipcovers... we have quite a collection... but it usually looks better just to throw a sheet over your furniture!

But your sofa looks great, and I know that densely-woven fabric is not likely to appeal to little claws, so that's good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Yes, it's bright - reminds me of the 1960s. And 1970s. (Gawd I feel old right now. )

I wonder how it will look once it gets covered in cat hair.
Scratch has taken a nap on it, and to be honest it doesn't look that bad. When I bought it I thought that I'd be lint brushing it twice a day.

4badcats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh I love that - so bright and cheerful!! I love Ikea - so much choice and such good value!!!

We have the little coffee table too!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it'd look much better with 3 kitties snuggled up on it! :p It's awesome though - a fantastic spring cover!

We have those same Ikea couches all around work and I LOVE them! There's always people having meetings on them, napping on them, or just hanging out on them - they're so comfy!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I have this one too, so I can make it a bit more sedate.

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...mber=S39829782

EDIT: it's the one at the top of the pick list.
The Almas grey green/biege one or the large green floral print one that is similiar to the one you just bought?

I like both of them. It's kind-of retro from the late 60s. My mom used to wear sundresses with patterns like that. Very cheery.