My new cat fall from the 3rd floor (I already take him to the vet) but..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vada50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I create a new thread :)

vada50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Bryan,

He is doing a lot better but he catch a cold ( I know cats can't get colds but the symptoms are the same, he has a bacterial one :(. I took him to the vet and he is doing great. Even though he is sick, he eats, drinks and plays, but I stop the play time because he gets really tired because of the cold, Now I am waiting him to heal (I am giving him the vet treatment)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
  I hope Mareddad's cold is better, that everyone is getting along, and you're finally able to relax and enjoy your lives together.  

vada50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:smile2:   I hope Mareddad's cold is better, that everyone is getting along, and you're finally able to relax and enjoy your lives together.  :smile2:
Hi Brian, he is a lot better but still his nose is a bit constipated, the vet saw him this Saturday and said he was ok and didn't need anymore medicine. He is doing great but every time I enter the room and he is near the dot he hiss at me :(, but very fast he canes around and became very happy to see me is a bit strange. Also today I put my other cat in the garden and let Mareddad explore the house a bit. He finally get out of the safe room and explore a bit :)

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
He probably hisses because the first thing he notices about you when you enter his room is your smell, because cats are super sniffers.  And you will smell of your other cat.  So, he hisses at the smell of your other cat, rather than at you.  Then, when he sees it's actually you, he immediately adjusts his temperament into a friendly greeting.  

How did he react to the smells in his first exploration of the rest of your house?  You might want to try scent swapping by getting two cotton gloves or pieces of cotton cloth, one for each cat, and stroking them in turn, paying particular attention to under the chin, on top of the head, and on top of the base of the tail on the back, where the scent glands are located.  Then wiping the glove of each cat in each other's rooms at cat height, especially on the edges of walls and furniture, where they would naturally rub against.  They should both be quite interested in where you have rubbed the other's smell.  Do this scent swapping until they show little or no interest in the scent trails you're leaving.  

At the same time as scent swapping, feed both cats on either side of Mareddad's closed door at the same time.  Start with the bowls being a distance from the door then gradually move them nearer and nearer until they're touching the door.  After you have done both these processes, and both cats have stopped hissing and reacting, it should be time to introduce them visually.  

Keep us updated on their progress....

Last edited:

vada50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He probably hisses because the first thing he notices about you when you enter his room is your smell, because cats are super sniffers.  And you will smell of your other cat.  So, he hisses at the smell of your other cat, rather than at you.  Then, when he sees it's actually you, he immediately adjusts his temperament into a friendly greeting.  :rub:

How did he react to the smells in his first exploration of the rest of your house?  You might want to try scent swapping by getting two cotton gloves or pieces of cotton cloth, one for each cat, and stroking them in turn, paying particular attention to under the chin, on top of the head, and on top of the base of the tail on the back, where the scent glands are located.  Then wiping the glove of each cat in each other's rooms at cat height, especially on the edges of walls and furniture, where they would naturally rub against.  They should both be quite interested in where you have rubbed the other's smell.  Do this scent swapping until they show little or no interest in the scent trails you're leaving.  

At the same time as scent swapping, feed both cats on either side of Mareddad's closed door at the same time.  Start with the bowls being a distance from the door then gradually move them nearer and nearer until they're touching the door.  After you have done both these processes, and both cats have stopped hissing and reacting, it should be time to introduce them visually.  

Keep us updated on their progress....

:catguy:  
Hi Bryan, It take me a lot of time to make Mareddad get out of the room by his own but he is improving today he decided he was ready to explore more rooms and not only mine. I keep my other cat in the garden. I think Blue is the problem Mareddad is well socialize with other cats and blue had only bad experiences with cats. I did the door thing but the plates where practically next to the door. Mareddad didn't have any problems and Blue eat fine for a little while and then she felt a bit scared (no hissing or growling she just went back so I move the plate a lot backwards but still she didn't want to eat just observe. The other day with my sister went better they didn't mind each other.
Also I comb Mareddad and but his fur everywhere in my room where my other cat is most of the time apart from the garden. Also yesterday I had a great idea after the fiasco with the food and the door. I comb Mareddad a lot (he is shedding so I do this practically every day lol) and put the comb full of fur next to the yummy food of blue and she eat perfectly fine :). I hope this helps more. Today I will put Blue again in Mareddad room but the problem is that she want to go out to the place where I put Mareddad (not because of Mareddad is just that she loves that place but is the only place I can put Mareddad while Blue explore. Is a small terrace with plants and both love to sleep under the palm tree. She doesn't notice Mareddad is there so that why she want to go out.

I had an incident between both of them. Once I tried to open a really small crack in the dot so they can smell each other and I think it went ok they smell and then blue notice but she just run away. But the next time after some smell switching and some door to door eating I did the same but Mareddad didn't want to come near not because of fear just no interest after a lot of effort I finally get both near the door with a little crack just so they can smell and maybe see a bit of each other but almost nothing. blue when crazy like she smell or see the devil she made a horrible sound and run like she was being chased. After that she stayed near my room :(. But the next day strangely she was near the door again although Mareddad was outside under the palm tree so I guess it wasn't that bad maybe?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they're becoming more used to each other.  

Mareddad sounds ready to meet Blue but Blue's not quite ready to meet Mareddad yet!  When Blue stops being scared and reacting to the smell of Mareddad, they will both be ready for Mareddad to join your household.  

I don't think it will take much longer for Blue to get used to Mareddad's smell.  

Having your cat tree will help either or both cats to feel secure around each other.  
   Maybe consider putting up a wide "cat shelf" in another room.  

vada50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like they're becoming more used to each other.  :high5:

Mareddad sounds ready to meet Blue but Blue's not quite ready to meet Mareddad yet!  When Blue stops being scared and reacting to the smell of Mareddad, they will both be ready for Mareddad to join your household.  

I don't think it will take much longer for Blue to get used to Mareddad's smell.  :dance:

Having your cat tree will help either or both cats to feel secure around each other.  :Tree:    Maybe consider putting up a wide "cat shelf" in another room.  

:beerpals:
Yes Blue is the problem she still do a slow walk every time she enters Mareddad room I think she thinks he will came out from somewhere. Mareddad doesn't even smell blue stuff he enters my room normally but still he hasn't explore the whole house my parents do normal noise and he goes up again to his room but today he entered my grandmothers room and he was ok with her.

I bought a new cat tree for Mareddad and Blue but is a bit small for Mareddad so I ask for a bigger one so I will have 2 cats trees.

This is the one I have right now and Mareddad is exploring it

And this is the one I ask is bigger than the previous one and will arrive next Saturday

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I like your cat trees.  Dudley would absolutely LOVE the new one you're getting, as he's a big cat also.  I can't find any suitable trees for large cats in the UK that cost under $200, which I don't have.  He still goes on his wobbly tree from kittenhood sometimes but is visibly scared of its instability for the larger cat.  When I move, I'm going to put up a cat shelves like these for Dudley (and hopefully a wee brother for him) with a wee ladder for accessibility. 

I'm well jealous of Mareddad's new tree!  

vada50

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I like your cat trees.  Dudley would absolutely LOVE the new one you're getting, as he's a big cat also.  I can't find any suitable trees for large cats in the UK that cost under $200, which I don't have.  He still goes on his wobbly tree from kittenhood sometimes but is visibly scared of its instability for the larger cat.  When I move, I'm going to put up a cat shelves like these for Dudley (and hopefully a wee brother for him) with a wee ladder for accessibility. 

I'm well jealous of Mareddad's new tree!  
The cat trees I make them made it for me. In my country we don't have many things for cats like in the USA or Europe. But there are people who make them for you. You show them a model and they made or you can design one and they will make it too. The one I have cost me 130$ I think is ok because I design it and is very big. The other one cost me 135 because is a bigger but still not much difference they give me discount because I already bought from them.
The first cat tree I had my dad and me build it lol you can try it too there are very good tutorial in YouTube and you probably have everything you need to do it in the stores :).

Also after changing rooms with the cats, Blue didn't want to go near her cat tree :(. She didn't hiss or anything she just smell and stayed away :(. I hope today she use it like always and get used to the other cat smell fast because my parents are getting impatient :( which is annoying. They want to throw the two cats together and see what happened wahhhh