My new boy from Siberia

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your new addition! He's a beauty!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats miserable having a girl in constant heat like that. I understand that one well. My first girl was in constant heat even after her first litter of 6 and she couldn't get the weight on no matter what I did so I retired her. That was Armands mom.

I have Bella, Rajjah, Marigold, Tayga and Zenny. Marigold is retiring soon and I might breed Tayga and Bella and keep a girl so I just have Rajjah and Zenny co owned. Add my co owned golden girl and thats my program. Yes I am semi retiring due to personal reasons. Cats don't make money as we all know and I would love to focus more on showing.

But for now here are Rajjahs babies, there are 3 boys and 1 girl.
We have in order Moonandstarkatz Rocky Mtn Gold going to canada as a show alter (joining his 1/2 brother who is a pet). Then we have Delta and Denalia going together as pets and Frosty going as a pet (joining another siberian as a pet).

Bellas litter has 2 girls and 1 boy. Ethan, Enya and Esmirelda.

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Golden Genetics
We have goldens in the states, its not they are non existent, its that they are rare, hard to produce (VERY) and cost more to import. There are only 3 golden lines, those haven't had much done to outcross and widen that genetic base.

The golden I am obtaining is from one such wider genetic base and doesn't have lines or any cats here from that cattery.

The golden gene is a poly gene of the brown and high ruffousing gene. Siberian goldens aren't the same as Persian goldens and they come in all patterns. Its more to it but that would take me a long long long time to explain.

Daisy

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz

Thats miserable having a girl in constant heat like that. I understand that one well. My first girl was in constant heat even after her first litter of 6 and she couldn't get the weight on no matter what I did so I retired her. That was Armands mom.
Thankfully, she likes to eat a lot more this time around than she did during her first heat. I'd hate to have to retire her early since she is a complete outcross for the breed, but her health comes first. So frustrating, these girls!

I adore Rocky Mtn Gold, I can see why he'd be going to a show home! What a little rolly-polly fluff ball!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz

Golden Genetics
We have goldens in the states, its not they are non existent, its that they are rare, hard to produce (VERY) and cost more to import. There are only 3 golden lines, those haven't had much done to outcross and widen that genetic base.

The golden I am obtaining is from one such wider genetic base and doesn't have lines or any cats here from that cattery.

The golden gene is a poly gene of the brown and high ruffousing gene. Siberian goldens aren't the same as Persian goldens and they come in all patterns. Its more to it but that would take me a long long long time to explain.

Daisy
Hmm, is it somewhat similar in color to a warm-bronze Egyptian Mau? The bronze breeders talk a lot about high ruffousing in their "warm" cats. You've give me a new project to tackle!

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No our golden is closer to the Bengal golden.
The girls can be frustrating. -
but its so worth it when you see a boy that you juzt know is perfect.
Daisy