My new bedding ensemble arrived today

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered a new bedding ensamble from The Shopping Channel and it arrived today.  You can see it at the following link. It comes with everything shown in the picture:

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/N...mforter-Set/pages/productdetails?nav=R:510555

And 2 sets of sheets, one in Angora (yellowish) and one in Blue.

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/J...d-Sheet-Set/pages/productdetails?nav=R:510280

I'm dying to put them on the bed, but I still haven't taken the plastic off of the box spring and mattress, or put the bed on it's frame. I'm still to paranoid because of the bed bug situation in this building.  Just when I was starting to consider removing it and setting up my bed properly, I had to pack everything up for a "just in case" spraying because someone 2 floors below me had bugs, and I didn't.

So for the time being I'm leaving the box unopened on a shelf in my closet.  But at least I can enjoy looking at the pictures online!  lol  It is so ornate and has a gorgeous corded binding around the edges, and the sheets are beautifully embroidered.

I went with a comforter this time around instead of a duvet and cover, because I found that while it was nice to be able to wash the duvet cover, it was a bear to put back on the duvet, and even though the duvet tied to the 4 corners of the cover, the duvet still got all bunched up inside the cover, at the foot of the bed.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty. Bed bugs ?? Have you given any thought as to moving out and finding a new rent? I would not dare live any place that had bed bugs. There are about impossible to get rid of in a building..

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful set! Hope your bed bug situation is resolved and you can enjoy your new purchase.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Very pretty! There's a trick to putting on duvet covers that my husband taught me - turn the cover inside out, put both hands inside the corners, grasp the corners of the duvet, and flip the cover on. He can't understand why what works for him with his long arms doesn't quite work for me. :lol3:

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Curse you!!!!

I have this bedding fetish.  I have one closet full of nothing but blankets, comforters, shams, pillow cases.....I might have to buy this.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natalie, I am so happy for you.  I know you can't wait until you feel safe enough to use it.  I admire you so much for how you have dealt with this problem.  I hope you will never see another bedbug and you can soon feel free to decorate, buy and go about your day to day life in a fashion that does not give thought to bedbugs. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful set! Hope your bed bug situation is resolved and you can enjoy your new purchase.
Thanks.  I haven't seen any since 2 days after the last time they sprayed.  I didn't have any before they sprayed, but it seems that a few decided to try out my digs after the fumigation.  Thank goodness for my H2O mop. I steamed the heck out of the carpet under the readiator, and inside the radiator, and along the baseboards of my bedroom just in case they decided to climp up inside the walls. So far, I haven't seen anymore.  And I'm not itching when in bed.
Very pretty! There's a trick to putting on duvet covers that my husband taught me - turn the cover inside out, put both hands inside the corners, grasp the corners of the duvet, and flip the cover on. He can't understand why what works for him with his long arms doesn't quite work for me.
I know that trick!  But like you, my arms are not long enough, nor is my "wing spang."  lol
Curse you!!!!

I have this bedding fetish.  I have one closet full of nothing but blankets, comforters, shams, pillow cases.....I might have to buy this.

Do you live in Canada?  I don't know if they ship outside of Canada, seeing that it's the Canadian Shopping Channel.
Natalie, I am so happy for you.  I know you can't wait until you feel safe enough to use it.  I admire you so much for how you have dealt with this problem.  I hope you will never see another bedbug and you can soon feel free to decorate, buy and go about your day to day life in a fashion that does not give thought to bedbugs. 

OMG! I can't wait for that day.

I have been casually looking around at apartments, but I'm just so fed up with packing and moving and unpacking and packing, that I just can't bring myself to commit to move.  Then I have to find someone to sublet my apartment, and that could mean my having to pay rent for 2 places if I can't sublet my apartment.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty. Bed bugs ?? Have you given any thought as to moving out and finding a new rent? I would not dare live any place that had bed bugs. There are about impossible to get rid of in a building..

Bed bugs are epidemic. There is a bed bug registry and every hotel, motel, movie theater is on the list.  As well as some very upscale apartment/condo buildings.  It's not just this building.  Even buses and taxi cabs have bed bugs.

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I see it was Canadian but was hoping I could get it in the US.  The colors are so lovely.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The new bedding is gorgeous! I know you can't wait to use it. I hope you're able to put it out soon and that those pesky bed bugs leave your apartment alone! :)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
!function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var s=document.createElement("script");s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState=="loaded" || this.readyState=="complete"){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}(); Thank you!  I saw it on the shopping channel a few months ago and thought about buying it then, but decided against it.  Later on I did regret not getting it because I couldn't stop thinking about it.  So when I saw it on again, I jumped at it. I figure if 3 months went by and I still felt the same, it was something I had to purchase.

I'm trying to add some colour to my apartment. I tend to go for darker colours.  I had a duvet and cover, and the cover was a patchwork design, but again, mostly dark colours: dark brown, dark blue, and a dark gold.  Pretty, but with dark wood furniture, it was just too much dark.  So now I'm trying to add in splashes of colour to brighten things up.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I had to laugh.. I have the same set!! The only thing I am not loving about is the fact the cats claws prick up some of the threading and stitching

I have this throw for the cats to sleep on and they enjoy it!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
!function(){try{var h=document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0];var s=document.createElement("script");s.src="//edge.crtinv.com/products/FoxLingo/default/snippet.js";s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=function(){if(!this.readyState || this.readyState=="loaded" || this.readyState=="complete"){s.onload=s.onreadystatechange=null;h.removeChild(s);}};h.appendChild(s);}catch(ex){}}(); I see you are in the US. Where did you get it?  Zohdee is in the US and she said that she was going to look for the set there.

So far as kitty claws go, I have the same problem with my duvet cover. I trim their claws well, but as they shed and grow, the threads still get pulled.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love, love, love that red one!!!

We do too!! it is probably our favorite bedding set (we got a total of 3 entire bedding ensembles.... for a wedding gift, a bit of overkill lol) but we love love love the red & gold one-0 it is intricate and embroidered----- very expensive- but we didn't pay for it!! Makes the room look elegant.............. :)