My new addition!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's been at the shelter here since approx. the 1st of November. She has had URI after URI, treated 2x with Terramycin, 1x with Clavamox, 2 or 3 x with Baytril. Before her last Baytril treatment, she was healthy long enough to get spayed. Yesterday, I noticed her getting weepy again.
She doesn't tolerate being medicated easily. She has a UTI currently & is on Clavamox, but the Clavamox just won't lick the URI. She is so stressed that she kept getting one thing after another, from URI to UTI. So, I adopted her. She will be a barn cat, but I feared(as I had heard some things), that if she got sick again, regardless of being spayed or not(therefore she could be a farm cat), she would be euthanized. I was not about to let that happen to this doll!

Meet Molly!

I don't have any pics of her, that's her petfinder one. I'll get some soon, I promise. She's sweet & rubs her head on everything, but jittery. She was trapped in a feral colony, but was always friendly & outgoing(at least until she got medicated over & over). She is still very friendly, she's just funny about how she shows it. She head butts everything & you'd think it would hurt!

Believe it or not, Molly spent at least two months in the shelter with a mustache & dipstick on the tip of her tail & no one adopted her. So many people looked at her & said "Oh my god! A mustache, how cute! Where are the kittens?" They then adopted a kitten rather than my baby girl Molly.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on getting Molly! She is precious. Put her on some Transfer Factor to build her immune system!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never heard of that, I'll have to do some research. I did start her on wet food since she has a UTI & have been giving her 500 mg Lysine a day(in 2 doses). Hopefully, I can get her healthy! I feel bad that she'll be a farm cat, but I took her outside today in my arms & she got so excited! I know she'll do well, esp. since she'll be in the garage or shop most of the time, not just loose outdoors.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe what a gorgeous girl
she is soo happy to find someone like u
she sounds like such a great addition...and she is soo cute and gorgeous

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took pics now that she's calmed down some!

And she must've enjoyed the canned food!

I don't know if she's a Molly, so I've been trying other names on her. So far, no luck! She's a doll, though!
Unfortunaly she has started sneezing this afternoon & her eyes seem even more weepy than they were when I brought her home. I'm calling the vet in the am. to see what he says. I'm going to be sure she's healthy before I even start transitioning her to living outside again!

ETA: She has a white tip to her tail & white hairs scattered throughout her tail. It's so cute!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I just saw this! She's adorable!
How is she doing now?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's doing well. I had to switch from terramycin to a triple anti biotic eye ointment. Tuesday her 14 days of that will be up. Her eye is still a little weepy, but mostly because she rubs her face on everything & gets it irritated.
This means that soon she will have to go outside.
Not for a few more weeks, though, the way the weathermen are talking. It's going to be bitterly cold & she's been living inside for almost 3 months now.

I'll hafta take more pics of Molly soon!