My New 13 Year Old Hates My Cats

kayla13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK guys I need some help please!!

To make a long story short I "rescued" my (now) 13 year old cat from my parents basement. I brought her into my apartment with 2 other 1 year old cats (one male one female) everyone was getting along OK I suppose. Hissing here and there but I know this is normal when introducing a new kittie. When my fiance and I would go to work we would separate them however, we came home to puke all over the bed (twice).  The 13 year old does not like to be left alone. SO, we don't/can't separate them anymore. Now tonight, out of no where the older cat attacked my young female cutting her face a little bit. My heart is broken. I can't let this get any worse and I can't separate them and of course I really can't get rid of the older cat. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. 

PS .. The older cat doesn't eat treats or get excited for canned food so any training tricks regarding food probably wont work  :(

cat dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The 13yo doesn't like to be alone, but hates your cats? That's odd. Is he the one that puked on your bed?

I think your initial introduction was bad and it might be a good idea to reset everything and try again.

Might check this article out and see if you can get things off on the right foot.

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayla13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes my 13 yr old doesn't like to be alone but doesn't like my other cats. I know it's strange! I tried the introduction thing but like I said .. When I closed her in the bed room she puked all over my bed for two days. I think she gets even more stressed out being alone when we are at work

gwlaw99

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long have they been living together? Could the older cat be sick?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh dear.  How long ago did you bring her home?  It can take months for some kitties to fully settle in.  

Perhaps you could leave a radio on during the day for her?  Something so she'll feel less alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayla13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey everyone .. thanks for the comments. Here's an update ..

My 13 year old (Lucky) is better .. settling in. Still not completely use to the routine or the playful younger two (and they don't really understand that Lucky doesn't want to play) but their all adjusting. I guess I forgot that older kitties sometimes take a little longer to get use to every thing. No more blood shed and very little growls so, I'd say it's a success!!