My neighbours cat killed my poor Charlie

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Some animals will fight to the death. Some animals will kill for dominance, unfortunately. I'm so very sorry for your loss, and may God be with you through your troubling and trying days!

Rest In Peace, dear sweet Charlie!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaspercat

Thanks again everyone. Your kind words really help.

I don't intend to let my kitten out for a while until she is a lot bigger - she is still really quite small. However, she brings me on to the next problem.

She really loved Charlie. She would follow him round the house and get as close to him as he would let her. She loves us but I get the feeling we aren't enough for her. I keep trying to play with her as much as possible but she kind of sighs and gives up.

She was taken away from her mother too early at just 5 weeks (before I got her) and I wonder if she is desperate for cat company.

Am I imagining this??
no... if she really like him, she's in mourning, too. you might consider getting her a kitten friend; she'd probably do best with a male. also, i agree with others - keeping them inside all the time is safest. if you feel they must go outside, let them do so only with supervision, not alone.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss - and to witness it too must be heartbreaking. Maybe your Charlie had a heart defect that you just would not know about and the stress of the fight brought on a heart attack? Who knows, you could speculate for years but at the end of the day you have lost your beautiful Charlie. Remember him hale and hearty - running and purring. This is exactly what he is doing now.
Take care

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an awful thing, but you did all you could. I am so sorry - two tragedies like that are too much for anyone to bear. May Charlie and his brother rest in peace together.