My Muffin is limping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't been able to get a look at Muffin's foot yesterday or so far today. He didn't come to my porch for breakfast the past two mornings, but he did come later last night and ate, and I was able to get a fourth dose of antibiotics in him. He kept the foot out of view while he was eating. It looked like he is moving much better with less of a limp, so I am assuming the foot must be healing. He is steering clear of the pet carrier on the other side of my porch. I suspect he knows it's a "trap" because of the metal cage-like door and the fact there's no exit in the back (unless his cedar house, which has an entrance and an exit). I  want to continue the antibiotics for at least a week. I haven't been able to find information online about how many days to administer the Amoxicillin--I think it's 7-10 days? Thanks for asking about Muffin, Shadow, especially in light of what you are going through with poor Sadie.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope he continues to improve.  I would give the medicine at least 7 days and 10 if you think he needs it.  Since he is taking it readily, keep giving it. 

I am sending him healing vibes too and I am sure you are worried too so healing vibes to you as well. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The swelling in Muffin's wound has gone way down, and he is able to walk and trot without a limp. There's still a pink, round bump, but I suppose that will go away with time. A few more days of antibiotics and he should be back to his old self.  Thanks so much for your healing vibes to him

Since I put that large pet carrier on the porch, he isn't hanging around with me on the porch anymore and only comes to eat or wait to be fed. I think he knows it's a trap and he's definitely keeping more of a distance from me. I may remove it from my porch in the next week since he's no longer in a medical crisis. It's amazing how smart and intuitive our feral friends are.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yay Muffin!

So good to hear.