My mom needs vibes...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all so very much!

My boyfriend and I spent most of the day with her yesterday. We had lunch with her (snuck her a couple of french fries
) and took her some essentials she needed.

But I got a phone call that I didn't want to hear.

The cardiologist came and seen her before I got there yesterday and when I left he came back so he could talk to her.
She called me about an hour later.

It's not good news........
At some time in her life she had reumatic (I think that's what it is) fever and it caused one of her valves to shut down. She also has a blood clot in her heart.
They have her on blood thinners and are trying some type of medicinal therapy but she is more then likely looking at open heart surgery and a possible Pacemaker.

This is scaring the living crap out of me!!!

My mom hasn't been in the best of health the last 8 months or so but she is the most lively person!
She's upbeat, comical, and always in the best of spirits.
You couldn't tell she was sick at all when she was sick!
She's 4'9 but stands 6 feet tall!
My mom has been my backbone and my savior the last few years and it is truly killing me inside to see all this happening to her.
She has always been the one there to pick up the pieces of my life when it's fallen to shambles so many times.
I've tried so many times not to break down and cry as the tears welled up in my eyes when I see her.
But I now know it's MY turn to be the strong one in the family.
She's taught me so much in life that it's a priceless gift she's given me.

Could you guy send more vibes for her and me?
For her to get better and for me to have the strength to carry her and my family through this?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Alycia

Sending renewed vibes and prayers for your Mom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, she had the procedure done this morning. They said she has to have open heart surgery withen the next week.
They are going to replace one of her heart valves with a mechanical valve.

My brother is on his way down here from Alabama, my sister is on her way from Kentucky and so is my aunt.

I know this is the best thing for her but I am so scared!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

At some time in her life she had reumatic (I think that's what it is) fever and it caused one of her valves to shut down. She also has a blood clot in her heart.
one of my great-aunts had something similar... caused her to require heart surgery as an adult. her surgery was probably 35-40 years ago, & she lived up to her 80s - & they're much more proficient nowadays than they were then!
sending healing & calming & for your mom & you & your family - i'm glad they're going to be there, especially since none of us can be. remember we're here, thinking of you

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

:
My mom hasn't been in the best of health the last 8 months or so but she is the most lively person!
She's upbeat, comical, and always in the best of spirits.
You couldn't tell she was sick at all when she was sick!
She's 4'9 but stands 6 feet tall!
My mom has been my backbone and my savior the last few years and it is truly killing me inside to see all this happening to her.
She has always been the one there to pick up the pieces of my life when it's fallen to shambles so many times.
I've tried so many times not to break down and cry as the tears welled up in my eyes when I see her.
But I now know it's MY turn to be the strong one in the family.
She's taught me so much in life that it's a priceless gift she's given me.
I can sympathize with you 100%. Your mom sounds so very much like mine. Mine never gave up in mind or spirit, but her body was so broken that it was too late.

I was very much like yourself. My mother was always there for me, no matter what. When she got sick we reversed roles. I cooked almost all the time, made sure she ate first, pestered doctors for medications, got her appointments set up and took her because she could no longer drive.

I regretted signing the paper for her biopsy because I knew how scared she was. My mom has never cried once in her life and she remained strong. I cried all the time, but I never let her see me.

My mom's liver failed, along with congestive heart failure and kidney failure. Once your liver goes....everything else follows. She suffered for months and I still to this day beat myself up over it. If I would have tried a little harder or suggested one other test.

I am sincerely hoping and wishing your mom all the best. I want her to get better so that you two can do all the things you still plan to. Just be there as much as you can.

If you need someone to talk to, please PM me. I know how scared you are and how overwhelming this is.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your mom's youth is on her side, and I know your devotion is helping her keep the faith. It's going to be okay, hon.