My Misty is due to become a mama cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

podikaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sooooooo.... They weigh 118g, 110g, 108g and 85g. She's gone back next to them but isn't touching them. Taken her some food and water and she's eating. Think she just needed to clean herself as i found them in a box under my bed that i didn't even know was there, full of old junk. Which is why the urgency to move them and check them.... She's been cleaning one of them and the rest are asleep.
Do I need to supplement the lowest wigging one, or just make sure it latches on at all feeds and keep an eye on weight? I'll add pics as well :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad that's all settled! Let her keep her babies where she wants them for now. And yes, make double sure the runt is latching, nursing, and gaining weight immediately, or you will definitely need to supplement that one. Let us know how it's going. A big clue that the kittens are hungry is continual crying. Satisfied kittens fall asleep after nursing! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

podikaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for replying lol Did I panic much?! haha so much for all the nests I set up :p
She hasn't fed them since i first posted today, but she is sat a maximum of a foot away from them. Do I need to add rice to a sock, warm it up and keep it close to them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is always a good idea to add a heat source. How long has it been since she fed them?

podikaki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 she's been feeding them non stop. Sure went back to them and has been with them since. They've all settled into feeding well, even the one that weighed the least. She's been cleaning them all, and even when she leaves to nibble on some food, she's constantly checking back to keep an eye out :)
I'll weigh them again tomorrow at the same time, but I have no concerns at all. I'm so in love with them though!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's sweet! I'm glad they are all doing well! [emoji]128149[/emoji]