My Mimi went to paradise

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
[/IMG]
Mimi and her cat bus toy (I'm a "my neighbor Tototo" fan). My husband got this last Saturday for me because it also looks like Mimi. I can't go anywhere without the cat bus!
And Mimi's last resting place .
It's so nice to have a special corner where you can remember her.

I'm a Totoro fan too.I study Japanese so I've watched it over and over until I can understand every word.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love your adoption story.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  There is a vivid image in my mind of you finding the kittens.  I am so sorry for the loss of your gorgeous girl, Mimi.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arinlars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. It's been a week without my little baby girl and it feels so strange. I have a feeling she is just vacationing is it denial? I found this page that explains all of my emotions: http://www.petlosshelp.org/10commonquestions.html

" denial, inability to accept the loss, intense tearfulness, disorientation, insomnia, disbelief, shock, loss of appetite, anger, guilt, isolation, depression, ruminating endlessly about the final days/hours, feeling that you will never be the same, feeling like you are going crazy, and feeling that you cannot tolerate the pain."

all of this is in my mind every day. Everywhere I look is my Mimi. Most painful thing is her gone and my husband's cat.. not knowing what is going on or where she is and he is depressed.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss of Mimi. It sounds like she was an incredibly sweet cat and faithful companion. :rbheart: It does get easier with time, but you never forget them.