my male cat sleeps too much , is this because of the cold weather ?

yassora yosra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat sleeps the whole day , he wakes up only to eat then comes back to bed to sleep , he has now three days under this condition , he eats less than usual but his drinking habit has not been  changed , I'm concerned about his health condition , is this normal ? could anyone give me an explanation for his sleeping too much , by the way he is about 11 months and the weather is too cold here where I live so could this change be the result of the weather ?

thank you in advance for your precious advice  

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can sleep more than normal when they are ill, are recovering from an illness, and during growth spurts. I've not seen cats sleep more simply because it is cold outside, although if I'm bundled under a blanket in the winter, they tend to join me there, which could cause them to sleep a little bit more.

It is possible that your kitten is experiencing a growth spurt. Growing is hard work, and I've had kittens sleep more than normal for a week at a time during those spurts. If your kitten doesn't sign of improvement soon, then definitely call a vet, as the alternative is illness.