My male cat keeps having utis

oreocat123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
My 5 years old male cat keeps having utis, he is peeing so little but with no blood.
This is probably the 5th time he got it, and in every time i went to the vet to treat him.
When i asked for the reason they said it was probably due to his age and gender but that didn’t really convince me.

I also can’t go with him to the vet since i live in an area with a 24 hours lockdown for about a week.
Is there any way i can treat him in home?
And why does he keep having them i don’t really get it?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have they checked for crystals? Please make sure he is peeing and emptying his bladder if not it maybe an emergency situation they have vets open for at least that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreocat123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have they checked for crystals? Please make sure he is peeing and emptying his bladder if not it maybe an emergency situation they have vets open for at least that.
The last time i was at the vet they Checked for crystals, he didn’t have any, and it hasn’t been a long time since then.
Also he does pee, it’s just that he visits the litterbox more frequently and little comes out each time.

The thing is, we can’t leave the house for a week, everything is closed except for grocery stores and hospitals and some restaurants, and that is it 🤷🏽‍♀️
I’m really worried i don’t know what to do

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And each time the tested for bacteria and he had it in his urine? He could be having inflammation in the urethra rather than an infection each time. It’s always confirmed with urinalysis? As long as he’s peeing you should be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oreocat123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And each time the tested for bacteria and he had it in his urine? He could be having inflammation in the urethra rather than an infection each time. It’s always confirmed with urinalysis? As long as he’s peeing you should be ok.
Yes he did, each time
Are inflammations less harmful than uti ? Do you know what is the main difference in the symptoms?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he has repeated infections the flare ups can be just as inflammation that snowball into infections. I had a kitty with a narrow urethra and he would have this problem. Usually steroids are prescribed to head off the problem. This should not be happening this frequent, you may want to consult another vet for better answers or ask you vet for better answers. It may require an ultra sound FYI.