My male cat 2 days post neuter(making sure he’s healthy🥺)

gizzymo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat got neutered yesterday around 1pm, he’s been eating drinking using the litter box as normal, he’s been sleeping almost all day and the stuff on his incision is dried blood which was there when he got home, does it look normal and all good? Im a worrier so like😂

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks fine from that photo. Just check for swelling, redness or weeping and try to stop him m from licking the area too much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizzymo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet did not give us a cone, he was his normal self and very playful but we bought a cone for him and ever since we put it on him, he doesn’t do much and just sleeps all day, no signs he is in pain tho. Is this normal?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
How long has he been recently neutered? I think it is better that way for the time being so he can heal first. Once the cone is taken off and he still remains that way, better to seek vet assistance.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've combined your threads G gizzymo and I can see now that he was only neutered yesterday. He probably feels like he can't do a lot with it on and may as well sleep.
To be honest, I've never used a cone after a neuter. Spays are a different matter as there's stitches.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gizzymo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I wish I didn’t have to use it but he got microchipped also and loves to lick, thanks!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Yeah I wish I didn’t have to use it but he got microchipped also and loves to lick, thanks!
The cone thing is totally up to you, and if he's constantly licking at the area then it's indicated, but I do need to say that cats definitely don't need one after a microchip. :)