My Lucky is gone

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss of beautiful Lucky.
you'll be in my thoughts.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by iamluckysmom

Thank you to everyone who sent messages of condolences to me on the loss of my son. He would have been happy to know people thought so much of him. He certainly loved people. It means so much to know there are people out there that know what our animals mean to us. They are so much more than just a pet. They are friends, soundboards, companions, helpers, sources of happiness and at times, even a psychologist. They are members of the family and part of us.

You are so kind. And someone is going to help with a proper siggy. Anyone want to volunteer?
If I knew how, I would do it, but I have to get someome to do it for me. KNOW that I am praying for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iamluckysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I miss my baby. I picked up pictures from Walgreens and there was a picture of him smacking his big ol lips and looking so handsome.....

iamluckysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just couldn't talk around Christmas. It was too hard. I miss him so much.

Monkee is great and a bundle of joy but he isn't my Lucky......i look at his picture everyday, i visit his grave and think about him probably more than I should.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry and I can relate to how you are feeling. This was my first Christmas without Midnight and I found myself thinking about her more and more in the days leading up to it.

Originally Posted by iamluckysmom

Monkee is great and a bundle of joy but he isn't my Lucky......i look at his picture everyday, i visit his grave and think about him probably more than I should.
It wouldn't be fair to Monkee to expect him to be the same as Lucky just like it isn't fair for me to expect Charlotte or Everest to be like Shadow and Midnight. In time he will find his own special place in your heart all to himself just like Lucky has. Remember that you will always be Lucky's mom and even though he is no longer there with you physically he will always be there in spirit and in your heart and thoughts he will live forever.

Bryan

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Lucky's Mom:

Don't ever let anyone tell you or make you feel that it's "more than I should". Caring for someone, loving someone, is always a special and a sacred thing; and feeling grief over the loss of someone we love is natural, normal, and healthy.

I will never stop loving or missing my loved ones who've gone before, either. And I believe it is part of what makes a whole, healthy, sane, and caring person to hold our loved ones in our hearts always.

diane0112

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am so sorry to hear of your loss, thats so sad! My thoughts are with you!

silverphoenix69

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your Lucky, and I no you miss him a lot
. I'm sure he found Rascal and Storm over the Rainbow and is just waiting for when he can see you again.

RIP Lucky

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't come to this forum often as I find it difficult. I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. My tardy condolences to you and Godspeed Lucky.

iamluckysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate your kind words. i still miss my child. But he knows I have a new charge to love and care for too. If any cat would understand and be patient, that would be my son.

The new baby, Monkee, is so much better than he was when we got him. He had to have been a stray. Small, bug eyes, no shine in his coat, listless. Now you should see him. Fights with the big girls, which I personally love, wrestles with his sister, and plays with the dogs. He sleeps in between mommy and daddy for protection and warmth. He is twice the size, shiny coat, bright eyes, active and gets the 9pm crazies with all the other cats. i don't what it is, they could all be out like a light, and poof around 9pm, the Talledega 500 with the surprised "what was that" look on their faces. Lucky would have loved him.

Thanks again for helping me get through this. I have never been this close with any animal I have ever had. Not missed one more. My baby.

iamluckysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Bryan,

Monkee is his own kitty. He has delights all his own. He is so different from Lucky that for me, it is a good thing, because there isn't a comparision. Monkee does have the "Lucky" inner meow thing going on. That is a comfort. All cats are different. Thank you.