My Loss Of A Beautiful Character 14/04/18

bishbosh77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my beautiful furball has gone. I made the toughest decision any Pet owner will make. That of consenting to putting their family furball to sleep. I knew it was the right decision. But it hurts, I miss Hedges so much (named before he came to me as he was found under a hedge) pawing my face, wanting feeding the very second I sat down to eat, or insisting he was sitting on my knee and not the laptop. I have so many memories over the 13 years of him been a part of me. He was 18 when he passed, oral cancer was what he succumbed to, but he had fiv as well as early stages kidney disease. The vet was amazed how good he looked and praised me on my level of care. My boy has now been set free from any pain, free to enjoy the sun on his back. I keep thinking positive, the fact that if I hadn't taken him on hedges wouldn't have been here anyway (nobody wanted him due to the fiv). It won't ever be a goodbye, merely a see you soon. Until then my beautiful Hedges I love you forever and thank you for 13 amazing years in our family ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
IMG_1509396007298.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Hedges, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

He was, and is, a beautiful boy. How clever of him to grow white whiskers to contrast so well with that inky coat! You gave him the life every stray cat dreams of, he gave you his heart. And that love did not die, love never dies. It changes form, but it abides. He is with you still, and always will be.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for taking such good care of that handsome boy, it is so hard to say "solong" but you did what you had to do and you will see his sweet face again one day down the line. He had a wonderful life thanks to you.....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You proved to be the right person for him, the perfect person for him, the best person he could have dreamed of.
And he's just sleeping and dreaming of you, until one day he will wake up and you'll be re-united, and that will be forever.

RIP wonderful Hedges!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always so hard on the heart to say goodbye.....but it is BECAUSE of the love you had for that sweet boy you had to let him go, there is no way you let him suffer one more moment. He thanks you for that and the thirteen years of love and happiness, he received all he ever wanted because all he ever wanted was your love.
The bond of love you forged link by link over all those years is very strong. It ties your souls together for eternity because love is spiritual, not bound by physical laws. Use that and your precious memories to bring comfort to your broken heart, he shared your life's journey for a while, and now will follow you on another path. that path will once more cross in the distant future, and your souls will be fully together forever more.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.Please know we are here to share your pain, it helps to have the understanding and comfort from those who have been there. Take care of yourself, you know that sweet boy would never want you to be sad because of him, because that is what love is, only wanting happiness for those you love so much..... RIP beautiful Hedges. you will forever be held in a loving heart, you will always be dearly missed. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bishbosh77

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone. All your kind words mean a lot. I miss him so much, I hate going out because it means coming home to a house without him. He means the world to me, and I never thought of not having him with me. His biscuit dish is still down, can't bring myself to move it. I hope it gets better soon because I never thought I'd miss him as much as I do which is testament to Hedges. I'd give anything to have him laid on my knee....

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone. All your kind words mean a lot. I miss him so much, I hate going out because it means coming home to a house without him. He means the world to me, and I never thought of not having him with me. His biscuit dish is still down, can't bring myself to move it. I hope it gets better soon because I never thought I'd miss him as much as I do which is testament to Hedges. I'd give anything to have him laid on my knee....
It’s amazing how much we love our kitties. They love us unconditionally, and we love them back the same way. Love is love, it is so strong. And it is always devastating to say goodbye. Hedges was loved and you will see him again. God bless you!!!!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His biscuit dish is still down, can't bring myself to move it.
I left my boys' room the same for quite some time after they crossed the bridge. I couldn't bring myself to move their bowls or cat trees or toys. Shortly after losing Neko I found a catnip toy I bought for him and never had the chance to give him and turned into a ball of blubbering sobs. We don't ever envision life without them. You gave Hedges a long, full of love life, and it sounds as though he gave the same love in return to you.