My little man Oliver

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oliver was 12 and had lymphoma. It came on so suddenly. He was deteriorating fast and chemo was only making it worse. I’ve had him since he was a kitten. They found him wobbling around the streets with his mama. He had mild CH but never let that hold him back. Animal Control was going to euthanize him but a local rescue stepped up and I got him from them. He was very handi-capable. Every time I would come home, he would slowly come down the stairs to greet me. I’m going to miss that. He would sort of propel himself with his back legs to leap up onto the bed, like a frog. I’m going to miss that. I’m going to miss him rolling over to show me his fuzzy belly whenever I walked into the room. There is so much I’m going to miss. He was a sweet soul and there will never be another one like him 💔. RIP, sweet pea.

I’m probably posting too many photos but I couldn’t pick just a few. He was so sweet and adorable and funny. ❤

Attachments

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
There's no such thing as too many photos of our beautiful babies. :hugs: I'm so sorry for your loss. I can relate--we lost one of our babies at the age of 11 to lymphoma. Like with Oliver, it came on fast and there wasn't anything that could be done. It's heartbreaking.

I'm so glad you and Oliver got to love each other as long as you did, sounds like he made the most of life even with some disabilities, what a trooper! Rest in peace, sweet boy. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful boy! I hope you can take some comfort in knowing you gave him everything he always wanted, a home and someone to love him. He had a rough start in life, but you both accepted the challenge and succeeded when others would not have. I salute you!
One day you will think of him with smiles instead of tears, but sometimes that takes a long time.
The bond of love that ties your two souls together will be forever. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. His tiny soul is at peace because it carries your love.
Go forward into the future and live it as you would want for him if you were the first to go. He wants no less.
I know no words can bring you true comfort at a time like this, but I like to pass on a quote that always brought me comfort when I lost a little one. " Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened."
Take care, we will keep you in our thought and prayers......RIP beautiful Oliver. You will always be remembered, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's no such thing as too many photos of our beautiful babies.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

Oliver was such a darling. These cancers are so fast - my Katie died at 13, two weeks after being diagnosed with liver cancer. Oliver looks like he had a wonderful life with you, Susanna72 Susanna72 .

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I posted this in another thread, but Oliver and Willy look so much alike. Oliver was like Willy's longhair brother.

So sorry for your loss. Willy is 10 and I hope we have more years together. But I will remember Oliver, even though I've only seen pictures. The resemblance will honestly make me remember.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oliver, dream you deep. Your prints are on someone's heart forever.

Can you imagine what it might have been like to be Oliver as a struggling kitten, and then suddenly to know he could now live, breathe, and have his being wrapped in the warmth and safety of your love? He must have thought he'd already gone to heaven! Now, from his home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, he blesses you for each and every day, and he blesses you for having the courage to put his welfare over your own heartbreak, and let him take that first step through the Gate between This Adventure and his Next Great Adventure, with your love beside him to guide his way. And he sends his own love, translated and purified into Love, back to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I posted this in another thread, but Oliver and Willy look so much alike. Oliver was like Willy's longhair brother.

So sorry for your loss. Willy is 10 and I hope we have more years together. But I will remember Oliver, even though I've only seen pictures. The resemblance will honestly make me remember.
ohmygosh Willy is so handsome! Those adorable eyes! What a face. ❤ Thank you for your kind words. Thank you to everyone for your comforting words. It really helps.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My heartfelt sympathies go out to you on the passing of Oliver. 🤗 He was definitely meant to be with you. Thank you for rescuing him and giving him the wonderful life he deserved. He was blessed because of you and in turn gave you his unconditional love. 💖 Now he is running pain free at the Bridge with all our cats who have gone before him. RIP sweet angel.:angel:

Furrywurrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss. He was soo handsome!!
Lymphoma is a cruel and swift illness. We are almost certain it is what robbed of us of our boy in February. And I feel like I’ve read so many similar stories.
May your boy be at peace and watch over you until you are together once more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Susanna72

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What's "CH"?
Honey Bun is so pretty!!!

CH is Cerebellar hypoplasia. It’s a neurological condition in which the cerebellum—the part of the brain that coordinates movement—is smaller than usual or not completely developed. They sometimes call it wobbly cat syndrome. So Oliver walked a little different. He looked like he was marching and he would lean on stuff. He could take the stairs fine, though, just slowly. He would kind of launch himself with his back legs to get on the bed and couch. I bought stairs and he still preferred to jump up on the bed. I don’t think he knew he was different from the other cats. ❤

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey Bun is so pretty!!!

CH is Cerebellar hypoplasia. It’s a neurological condition in which the cerebellum—the part of the brain that coordinates movement—is smaller than usual or not completely developed. They sometimes call it wobbly cat syndrome. So Oliver walked a little different. He looked like he was marching and he would lean on stuff. He could take the stairs fine, though, just slowly. He would kind of launch himself with his back legs to get on the bed and couch. I bought stairs and he still preferred to jump up on the bed. I don’t think he knew he was different from the other cats. ❤
Oliver was a handsome devil, stole your heart. (Mine too!)