My little boy has weird balding on his nose??

cherryberryboo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 month old ragdoll boy hunter has always had a weird kinda bald nose but today i noticed for the first time that it looks to be balding even more and after looking through all my photos of him it seems to fluctuate between looking normal and balding
He seems perfectly fine no changes at all in behaviour super energetic and last time i went to the vet they said hes all good even though he still had his weird bald nose at the time
His parents didnt have this, idk about his siblings as he was the last kitten due to a no show so by the time i met him his siblings had all gone to homes a while ago but he was still around his parents.
he does play constantly with his sister my chihuahua dog so i dont know if its from that?
But it wouldnt explain that he has had signs of it since being a baby
Heres a pic of him today
IMG_5352.jpeg

4th july
IMG_5354.jpeg

20th june
IMG_5358.jpeg

29th april aka the day i brought him home
IMG_5356.jpeg

and images from the original ad listing i got him from (earliest pictures i have of him)
IMG_5359.jpeg
IMG_5360.jpeg

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He's absolutely adorable and since we're not vets we cannot offer medical advice. However, because you mentioned the balding spot has increased I'd recommend contacting your vet. In the meantime, TCS has an article that discusses skin conditions in cat which I thought might have some helpful information for you: Skin Conditions In Cats - TheCatSite
Best of luck and please let us know what your vet thinks is causing the baldness.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hunter is absolutely precious. I agree with taking him to the vet to discuss what could be causing balding on his little cute nose.
May I ask where you got him from? Were you able to meet both of his parents if so did they both seem healthy?