My little black cat, Mr.

kinkypencil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's 2 days now without my little black cat, and I have to admit it's kicking me in the guts. It's literally like I lost my own kid, my little companion. What makes it worse is that im stil some-what in denial, like im stil expecting too see him run, from across the field, and squeak about his day. I feel like I can't tell anyone how im feeling because.. I know they won't understand, and that they will just say "it's just a cat".. he wasn't just a cat to me tho, as sad as it is to say.. He was my friend.. I suffer from depression, and anxiety, When this sweet little black ball of furr came into my life, I felt like I had a friend.. He made me get up and play with him, he gave cuddles, purrs and headbonks when I needed it.. Not my family, or my "friends", and since he been gone.. I feel can the anxiety coming back, and the depression is getting worse.

I miss you Mr,
my little black cat. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️:(

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Of course Mr wasn't "just" a cat and I'm so sorry you had to say good bye to him. He sounds like a wonderful friend. It's so hard when we lose your feline companions - they become a part of us and are not with us nearly long enough. I still miss my cats that have gone on before me so my heart goes out to you in your grief. There comes a time when the loss eases up enough to remember them with a smile again though. And there will hopefully be a time when you can open your heart and home up to another cat in need. I'm so sorry about Mr - he was a beautiful cat.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a handsome gentleman.  I am so sorry for your loss.  It was a blessing that you met, because you enriched each other's lives.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kinkypencil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys, I really appreciate that. he really was a blessing he made everyday better just from his squeaky meow, and a headbonk.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I do understand--when I lost my first kitty, I felt like I had lost my only child.  I'm so sorry.  

kinkypencil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im glad to have found people who understand, losing him has left me so devastated, iv just been in tears since hes been gone.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. People without pets often don't understand what a big part they play in our lives and the vacuum their loss means. RIP, Mr.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. [emoji]128532[/emoji][emoji]128532[/emoji] He looked so peaceful in the picture. He adored you, that much is obvious. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss, those first few months are a heartache. I totally understand your depression and anxiety, I still suffer from that too, to a lesser degree now, it's been almost three years. Time is the only thing that helps to soften the edges, please let your agony out to people who understand, it's like allowing an infected wound to drain, and it helps a broken heart to heal. I'll pray for you both, may you be blessed for hurting so bad from loving so much. RIP sweet Mr., you will never be forgotten and will be held forever in a loving heart!

kinkypencil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone, im hoping this gets easier, because I find myself crying over the little things the most.. Like waking up to purrs and headbonks and his squeaky little meow.. Coming home and seeing him run at me to greet me, knowing that if im crying he would come curl up in a ball on my shoulder and purr to comfort me.. I just feel lonley without my little black cat.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your loss.  it gets easier & harder at the same time.  My baby left in Jan. & I thought I was over most of it.  Then the warm weather came & i was seeing him outside in all his favorite places; the exact spots where he loved to hang out.  Even people with pets sometimes do not understand.  I took some days off to me with my little soul mate & some people at work didn't understand.  Don't expect this from them just come here, we do.  This my first loss since childhood & I never had to make this decision before.  It helps to appreciate all the wonderful love & comfort he gave you.  Talk to him & tell him all your thoughts.  He will hear you.  Take care!

kinkypencil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the support, I highly appreciate it.