my kitty peaches

aurora151989

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my kitty peaches starts drooling whenever she feels really really good, like if i'm giving her a good rubdown. I was wondering if any of your cats do this.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aurora151989

my kitty peaches starts drooling whenever she feels really really good, like if i'm giving her a good rubdown. I was wondering if any of your cats do this.
Oh how cute! I have seen this happen in many cats over time. Many are happy droolers, but sometimes, if you also notice a bad odor on the breath, it may be indicative of gum disease or teeth issues. Might ask your vet at her next check up to have a good look in her mouth just in case but I don't think it is a call for alarm unless you also notice a foul smell.

Hope this helps,

~gf~

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is completely normal. My Milo does exactly the same thing when he's very relaxed and purrng loudly. I'm not sure why they do it but my theory is that they're in such ecstacy, they forget to swallow LOL. I've heard of some people having to have a little drool towel for when they sit with their furbabies.

mikonu

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Miko is the only one that drools. He usually drools when you scratch under his neck or when he's playing with his catnip socks. Once I caught him drooling in his sleep.