My kitty may have Herpes Virus

brookesphynx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wskline

Well, Blacks eyes are little better but still have ways to go. Im continuing with serum eye drops and the ointment. I just purchased bottle of the L-sine. Just got to figure out dosage now. Black has started sneezing pretty regularly but is still eating and drinking.
Glad to hear he's getting better. I'm still doing the same with my boy, Nelson. Healing is going very, very slow...so frustrating! Double check with your vet, but the Lysine dose I give my cats is 250mg per day when they are healthy and I will increase it to 500 or 1000mg per day during a flare up and continue at that dose until the flare-up is over, then go back to 250mg.

I hope Black continues to improve and is all better soon!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BrookeSphynx

Glad to hear he's getting better. I'm still doing the same with my boy, Nelson. Healing is going very, very slow...so frustrating! Double check with your vet, but the Lysine dose I give my cats is 250mg per day when they are healthy and I will increase it to 500 or 1000mg per day during a flare up and continue at that dose until the flare-up is over, then go back to 250mg.

I hope Black continues to improve and is all better soon!
my methods are similar. I keep Tolly on 500 mg every other day. If he shows evidence of a flare up I increase it back to therapeutic dose, 500 mg daily.

Incidentally I have just gotten over the H1N1 virus. Since there have been reports of cats catching this from their sick humans, I put all three of my cats on 500 mg l-lysine daily for the duration of my illness. L-lysine helps boost the immune system.