My kitty light seems to have something wrong with his eye.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree w/ most already said, & I know you plan on taking him to the vet. I understand how finances can be tight. I am there too. However, If it is a scratched cornea, or could be an ulcer, if he is holding his eye mostly shut, (I speak from experience on that one)  these are both very painful & should be taken to the vet ASAP.  I'm glad he seems to be acting o.k. but I would still take him as soon as you can. If you have been dealing w/ your vet, maybe they will work w/ you on a payment plan if needed.  (My cat had cystitis a few times & I ended up getting Care Credit. Didn't want to do that, but am very thankful, as w/ out it, I wouldn't have been able to afford all he needed).  It's worth looking into. With two kitties, you want to be able to care for them when things come up, especially if it's an emergency like I had.  Just something to think about, but do at least give your vet a call. It can't hurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paradox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Light is doing much better now. I'm going to be keeping closer supervision on him to assure that the problem does not recur. It cleared up on it's own yet again. I waited a few days to make sure that it didn't puff up again before I made any appointments or have him any unnecessary home remedies & he has remained in healthy condition. Maybe it is just a pro wrestling match every now and then. I'll just have to inspect them more often, as I'm very good at being paranoid.