my kitty isnt the same kitty

blackcat2009

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok so i have a black cat his name is Sid-Ney and when i first got him he was the sweetest kitty i he was not a shelter kitty i got him from a friend... anywho he used to let me pick him up and cuddle him and he used to knead on me all the time and lay on me all the time and now he will let me pick him up but after a couple moments he starts growling and cat moaning.... he also tenses up. sometimes when i try to pet him he just flinches and cowards away from me i dont hit him or anything i dont yell at him either so its really confusing to me i guess i started to notice the change after i neutered him..but he got back to normal for a little while after that now he is just so grumpy every now and then he comes for the cuddles and talks to me whne i get home....but its worrying me because he isnt the sweetheart he used to be.... any help would be appreciated! 

mishicats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am  by no means an expert but it sounds to me like he is in pain when you pick him up.  It may be some how related to his surgery. I would take him back to the vet as soon as you can.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would recommend a vet visit, I had a kitty who got extremely grumpy it turns out she had pancreatitis and megacolon.  We are getting those items taken care of with medications and she is getting back to the loving kitty she once was.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that is a big change in behaviour.  I agree with Mishicats and cprcheetah, it sounds like your cat is in pain, possibly something related to the surgery, possibly just coincidence but something definitely doesn't sound right.  Cats don't generally react and show pain unless it is severe so I would take your cat to a vet as soon as you can.  Both the reacting when picked up or touched, and the being less sociable suggest he's not feeling too good.  

I hope you're able to get him checked out quickly and you get your happy, cuddly Syd-Ney back real soon.

twinkle80

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeh I would get him checked over by your vet firstly to rule out some physical problem that may be causing him discomfort. I had a similar issue with my Alfie and took him to the vet on the grounds he was responding oddly to me. They could find nothing physical with him. ( much to the disgust of my other half who didn't get that I took him to the vet on the grounds he was agitated with me! But you know ur cat! ) Soon after I found out from neighbours they had seen him being picked on by a local kitty which was totally stressing him out. I have found a felliway infuser has helped calm things a little but he still not the Alfie he was yet. So if I were u I'd get him to the vet and if they find nothing then consider the fact he may be getting stress from some where. Hope ur better soon Sid-Ney xx