My kitty is sick

maria vongkorad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi  Tiger is 1 year old and he started hiding yesterday.  Today he has not eat or drink anything.  I tried to pick him up and he runs off to hide and sleep in a container.  Also today is the first time he poop outside his litter box.  The litter box is clean.  I don't know if I should wait or run him to the vet? Any advised?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Why do cats always seem to get sick at night or on weekends?

Obviously you know that something is wrong with the little guy, and he needs to see a vet. How urgent it is is something only you can determine. You said he pooped outside the litter box. What is the poop like, any diarrhea? Could he have ingested something toxic? Is he allowed outside? Have you felt his ears to see if they feel warm like he has a fever?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If he hasn't urinated, I'd get him to the vet pronto.  He could have a urinary blockage.  I would at least call the vet and leave a message or call the ER vet and talk with someone.

maniacmaddy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with Stephanietx. Those are similar symptoms to when my cat had a blockage. I would try to get to a vet ASAP.