My kitty is "cheating" on me!

poppysox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help people...
Ok, so Rosie is 14.5 years old. She has hyperthyroidism, looks scruffy, and is very skinny. I feed her premium organic, pure meat wet food 2xs a day along with free choice dry food. She gets her thyroid meds twice a day. I have another fixed male cat, Biscuit who I have had for three years. Him and Rosie have a love/hate relationship. There is also a feral male who I feed outside, too for a year now. Nothing new has gone on in my house except that it is summer and my indoor/ outdoor kitties like to be outside more than inside. They also prefer to go potty outside too. Last Friday I went to my high school reunion. I left Kitties outside while I was gone and they were just lounging on the sidewalk. When I came home three hours later, Rose didn't go come home, though I called for her for about an hour. I had to go to my 12 hour shift at work the next day and left her cat food with my neighbor in case she saw Rosie around. Rose likes to visit my elderly neighbor sometimes but always comes home, though my neighbor doesn't feed her. My neighbor saw her, fed her and then let her back out when she was done. That night, I didn't see her again. I made a bunch of missing kitty signs and got a call from another neighbor in an apartment complex across our very unbusy street. I guess "supposedly" she had been taking care of Rose for a while now but that cannot be true because she just went missing two days before only. This older lady renamed rose calling her bubbles. She said she saw her by our big mailbox and and thought she was a stray because she was so skinny. I explained about her hyperthyroidism and how often she eats and her meds etc and she had the audacity to say that Rose gained weight and just loved her cheap dry cat food that she feeds her. She won't eat it at home. She also talked about how she is so sweet etc, but at home, though she lays with me, she doesn't like me to pet her. This lady kept referring to her as bubbles and even was kissing and petting her and rose was acting like she loved it!

I kept her in for the last couple days but today while I was at work my boyfriend let her out. I found her back at that ladies house. When I went to take her home, she growled and especially at biscuit, my other cat. The lady just kept saying how she comes to her house how and scratches at her door, and kept correcting me with her name of bubbles. I am so heartbroken! I miss the kitty that loves her mama and would follow me anywhere! I miss my kitty from just two weeks ago. What happened?

The only thing I can think of is that my two sons have been gone a lot this summer and two raccoons have been prowling around...

Help...any ideas? She is sitting here and just howling at the door to be let out.

miloandotis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure one of my 2 boys has been cheating on me. He's gotten fatter than his brother and eats less than his brother.

He was quite stand-off-ish when I came back from 3 days interstate having left the cat door open for him.

3 weeks went by with no cuddles, and then the lat 2 weeks he's gone back to normal!

Im so glad to have him back - I don't know if he's still seeing someone else, but as long as it's me he comes home too I don't care! My whole neighbourhood knows my cats cause they are so friendly.

Good luck - I hope this is only temporary behaviour for you as well!

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Help...any ideas? She is sitting here and just howling at the door to be let out.
With the medical problem she has, she would be better as an indoor-only cat. The alternative, letting her go out and eat the food the lady gives her is going to throw the effectiveness of the medicine off. This could result in her death.