My kitten's nose is pale.

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,
So Mițu is almost 6 months old. Sunday he got neutered and after I got home I notice that his nose was very pale. I tought is because he had been under anesthesia so I didn't mind it. Now I notice thru out the day that his nose changes from pink to really pale beige. I did some research so I don't know what to think...can it be something bad?
He is acting as he normaly does. He eats and drinks water. He uses his potty like before ( 2 times pee, 1 poop). I checked his gums but I didn't notice them beeing anything but pink ( i'll keep an eye on it). Also he is changing his teeth this days ( I found one in the bed yesterday).
I have an apoiment on the 12 at the vet for his neutering check up. Should I bee concern about this and bring him in earlier or just watch him?
Any ideas anyone? Could he be sick? He was at the vet sunday, they did a blood test to see if his ok for anesthesia, could they have not seen something wrong?
Please help with advice and ideas, hes my first kitten and I always worry to much.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Id love to be able to help help but I haven't noticed colour change in noses, Sooty's is black and flash's half and half so one half always looks lighter.

I think if its anemia the gums would be pale to.  But there will be someone into the thread that has dealt with it before soon :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you for answering:) Yes I found that it can be anemia, but wouldn't they notice that on the blood test they took sunday?
I think I just get worried too fats:)

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think we all worry abut them they are our babies after all :) 

Maybe not on Sunday if it was before the neuter, I wouldn't think its anything to worry about

Have you give the vet a quick ring just explain they tend to put your mind at rest pretty quick :)

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She wasn't in the office but Ill try to get a hold of her and ask.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This color change is normal. :nod: I have a kitty with feline hemolytic anemia. He battled actively for his life (with our help) for three years, and battled the anemia for six. (It started when he was 2, and he's 10 now. He's been stable for about two years). We have become incredibly aware of nose (and gum and paw pad) colors. :lol3:

What causes the color change is vasoconstriction. Their bodies go into a kind of "conservation" mode when they're resting, and they can look very pale. But if they don't "brighten up" after running around, then you need to be concerned. More telling is the color of the gums. Tuxie's gums will often look very pink when his nose is pale.

ioana

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I'll keep an watch on him and see whats going on and I'll also talk to my vet about it next week.