my kittens hardly sleep in the day, and still run round crazy in the night, is this unusual

crazy kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have 2 kittens there 4 months old maybe a bit more but they hardly sleep at all in the day and still run round crazy in the night!. yesterday they were up at eight in the morn then running round crazy all day, had half a hrs sleep then were at it till half five till they fell to sleep on the bed for a bit. are they hyper or is this normal they are never still hardly!. my o/h comes home at between 12-1 in the morn and stays up a hr or more and there still running

round mad then!. these are my first ever cats but i thort they slept alot in the day 

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Consider yourself lucky - when my Aby was a kitten he bounced off the walls 24/7
He seriously never slept. I knew Abys were an engetic cat breed but I wasn't quite expecting that. Kittens in generally have tons of energy. Most do sleep for a bit before they're zooming around again. Make sure you play with the kittens to help with that energy. Playtime before bed will help tire them out so they'll sleep for most of the night. Most kittens do eventually settle down asthey get older and have more "normal" energy levels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy kittens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi thanks for the reply, mine are simelar to yours lol, if there not fighting there playing, or running round mad!. got loads of toys and them ones on elastic strings and they play loads with them and i play with them alot too, they love running after them and jumping in the air to get them. plus my o/h plays with them when he comes home in the early hrs for a bit too. the boys a moggy and the girls part maine coon x

dave_l

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my two cats were kittens, they would run around like maniacs for 30 minutes, nap for a couple of hours, and then repeat that cycle. They did that 24 hours a day. I often had to close my bedroom door to be able to sleep, but they would still occasionally stick their paws under the door ("What's he doing in there? Why doesn't he want to play with us?") :)

Eventually they grew out of it.

Last edited:

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat is almost 3 and sleeps about 20 hours a day, but when he was a kitten I swear he slept less than I did!! [emoji]128576[/emoji]