My Kittens Are All Limping

faizanx7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have 5 kittens, all adopted cuz a cat gave birth to them on the roof of our home, so i also adopted the cat's mom
the cat's mom is very attached to us, as well as the kittens , its been 3 months and around 7 days since they were born and been living here.
recently their mom has started taking them outside with her , jumping around everywhere and them coming back later
and now when she came back all of them seem to be limping their back or front legs
they all usually keep fighting and playing around usually but now they are too tired and just lay there doing nothing and resting and they dont jp anore since they are hurt and barely even walk and avoid to put weight on the affected legs.

to clarify they have been given alot of food, i get special cat food and they finishrd about 9 packets or 1.2kg in 1.5 months so they arent going around looking for food cuz its always available.

so my question is
is the limping normal? and will it go away?
or should i try to find a vet.
its really hard finding a vet near where i live.
i live in pakistan and there arent really many ppl in my city that keep pets etc.
im really worried please tell me what to do
they seem to be hurt cuz of jumping that much im sure of.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I would keep them inside and be mindful of places in your home where they could aggravate their possible injuries. If the mom cat is taking them places outside that are just too much for such young kittens, keeping them inside should give them time to recover and the limping should stop.

However, the lethargy you are describing and them not wanting to walk around sounds concerning - hopefully it is tied to the injuries.
See if that improves once they are more confined in their activities. If it doesn't, or other signs of health issues come up, then it would be time to have them all checked out by a vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faizanx7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I would keep them inside and be mindful of places in your home where they could aggravate their possible injuries. If the mom cat is taking them places outside that are just too much for such young kittens, keeping them inside should give them time to recover and the limping should stop.

However, the lethargy you are describing and them not wanting to walk around sounds concerning - hopefully it is tied to the injuries.
See if that improves once they are more confined in their activities. If it doesn't, or other signs of health issues come up, then it would be time to have them all checked out by a vet.
it's actually hard to stop them from going outside because or the ways houses are structured around here, houses next to other houses so our cats jump from the balcony to the next house etc.
but they dont seem to be interested in following their mom cat currently cuz of their limping legs though, also they all have their own soft cushions that they lay/sleep on and they rest there

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would take them to the Vet, or at least take one of them in. There is a strain of Calici Virus call Limping Kitten Syndrome, and for all of them to suddenly be limping makes me very suspicious :frown:

Here is an article about it, but if that's what they have, you really need to get them treated, and vaccinated.

faizanx7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would take them to the Vet, or at least take one of them in. There is a strain of Calici Virus call Limping Kitten Syndrome, and for all of them to suddenly be limping makes me very suspicious :frown:

Here is an article about it, but if that's what they have, you really need to get them treated, and vaccinated.

[/URL]
Ah that sounds terrible, i will try to find a vet , but apparently they are most likely very far away, and i would probably have trouble transporting them because they would probablu get scared and i dont want them to get more hurt in the process of travelling

faizanx7

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any way to cat proof the balcony? Something like chicken wire, perhaps?
Its not possible, and also that would block the mom cat’s exit too and she usually goes outside and i dont want to restrict her too