My Kitten

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tabby are coat markings, not a breed.  So, she is a domestic shorthair and looks to be either a gray and white bi-color or can be a bi-colored gray tabby, (her white paws give that away).  There area also different types of tabby markings, but I'm no expert; others here are great at knowing the difference.

However, I don't see tabby markings on the photos you provided us, she just looks gray and white to me - maybe VERY faint around the mouth?  So, she looks bi-color to me right now.  Maybe even would be considered a Tuxedo cat?  Someone else will chime in I'm sure.

I LOVE the white chin!  She's adorable!  Welcome!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
and I'm wondering what breed she is.

Is there such thing as Domestic Short Hair Grey Tabby Mix??
Almost.  the cat is domestic yes, short hair yes, grey is called blue in the cat fancier, and tabby pattern yes,

So it would be  Domestic Short Hair, Blue tabby.    I suppose you can also add ´with white`

Domestic is per definition mix, sort off, so the word is practically never used. Unless you do know with certainity the parents are two different purebreeds, or so.

I cant say much more, my screen is not the best, and many photos seems too dark. On another computer the same fotos are OK.

Good luck!

Ps. I see Sivyaleah dont see the tabby stripes clearly either, so it is not just my screen.   :)

With kittens, it is not unusual they do have "ghost markings", bands almost like a tabby stripes, visible in some light conditions.  These usually disappear later on.  If so, it is not counted as real tabby pattern.

ps2.   I hope the "necklage" do opens automatically if the kitten fastens with it.  It is very dangerous otherwise.  Kittens tend to play a lot, jump, climb, etc...   Such "necklages" may fasten - and suffocate the kitten. More than one child and more then one kitten dies a difficult death every year, just in Sweden.  There are surely even more in all other countries as well.

Last edited:

happyliz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg she looks a lot like my kitten! Her name is mittens. How old is she?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meashey01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi..
Bella is going on 8 weeks now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meashey01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for the info! Now I have a better idea as to what a tabby is. I got them confused with Bengal kittens XD

manizheh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
bengals are marbled or spotted. the Marbled is like a stripe that has been swirled around. So I guess you could say a swirly tabby. lol

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is adorable! I love her cute little white chin

Does she have stripes? Tabby patterns have stripes, spots or swirls and usually have stripes that look like an "M" on their forehead. Maybe it's my monitor but I don't see any stripes. I would call her a bi-color shorthair domestic. Some people call it a Tuxedo coat pattern.

Anyway, she's a cutie!

Last edited: