My kitten won’t eat breakfast

Smibble

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve got a kitten, he’s 1 in August and he’s not had any health issues so far and he regularly eats a meal for breakfast at between 7am and 10am (depending on when we wake up) and then a meal at between 6pm and 8pm (depending on when I get home.)

The past few days however, he refuses to eat his morning meal but has no issue with eating his evening meal. Should I be worried? Can anyone give me any advice?

Thank you.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS! A kitten at that age really should have food available to him around the clock. Not sure what you are feeding him and if that has any bearing on when he will eat and when he won't. How long have you had him? Have you recently changed food on him so that maybe he doesn't like it as much, but gets hungry by the time you get home?

There are always more factors involved than appears at face value, so maybe more information would be helpful.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF the food is available in appropriate quantities, and the house is at a comfortable temperature for someone walking around in a fur coat, think about a play session before his breakfast. A cat's normal routine is "hunt, catch, kill, eat, groom, sleep." It is the pattern of their days, even if no actual hunting is involved. Use a wand toy, and let him catch that "prey" and "kill" it. That might trigger the "it's time to eat" thing in him.