my kitten loves to fetch her favorite ball, but..

denise0236

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so my 6 month old female kitten is the cutest ever! She loves to fetch her favorite ball and its so cute to watch its like shes half dog or something lol..she will literally drag this ball everywhere and i mean everywhere shes so attached to it..only problem is that this little ball is falling apart with no way of fixing I can't seem to get her to play with the other balls that we have for her that are similar to the one she loves..ive tried to hide this ball from her but she cries all day for it and goes around looking for it all day to the point where I feel bad..its just that I need to wing her off of it before it completely falls apart and then she'll be left crying all day without it...any suggestion on what I can do..have you had the same problem? Oh and I also tried finding the exact same one at the store but they dont make it anymore :(

This is her with the favorite ball

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I would let her have it until it is litterally in pieces. She will then bat the pieces around but eventually loose interest in them. That's when you can start taking the pieces away one by one and discard them. She will find something else to play with. A few days of moping around and whining will be harder on you than on her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denise0236

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's some really good advice..thanks alot seventy!!

tammyp

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wonder what she would do if you made a cover for it?  It would still retain its smells - maybe its attraction?  You can always snip off the cover if it ruins it for her, but if it works, you'll at least give it a bit more life, and at best, you could then make a totally new ball out of the cover material and maybe that would help her transition...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

denise0236

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's a good idea also. I will definitely try that as well..thank you Tammyp !