My kitten keeps licking/kissing me!

tisjaeso

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

So recently I rescued a Siamese and I've been in love with her ever since.

Lately, she's been licking my fingers and mouth/chin area. Not a lot, but she does it more so than any of my other cats. I, too, have been kissing back near her mouth area (TMI)...and I'm wondering if I should be concerned about any bacteria transmitting or if her mouth is unsanitary and I should stop?

Thank you!

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She loves you!  She's trying to make you smell like her - claiming you, so to speak.  I wouldn't worry about kissing her back, although I wouldn't do it.  Every time I have kissed one of my cats, I ended up with a mouthful of hair.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh how sweet, I agree with Ondine, sounds like she's fallen in love with you.  I hope her tongue isn't TOO raspy when she licks your face!  

Mouse licks my hands and face quite often but I'm quite glad he hasn't ever licked too close to my mouth.  That's me though - , cat people are cat people and we all have our own limits. 
   I do kiss Mouse, pretty much all over - other than his mouth or his fluffy butt! ....   He keeps his fur to himself so I don't get mouthfulls of it  and he rolls about so I can kiss him on his ears, forehead, neck, throat, belly and paws: quite the little softy my boy. He definitely likes for us to share our smells, he always makes sure we have a good snuggle and bond session when I back in to the apartment, and I am happy to oblige of course.    I suspect there are lots more people out there now going 'eugh'! 

If you had broken skin and it was being licked I'm not sure how good that would be as yes, their mouths are full of bacteria  (as are ours) and skin is our natural barrier to infection.   Might keep her away from any iritated or broken skin.

Think about dog people, many of them don't think anything about their hounds slurping their face and mouth and I can't imagine they are any more hygienic than our feline friends.