My kitten is in heat, shes booked in to be spayed but how can I help her in the mean time?

MaddyMooandMilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Milly is in heat, its been 4 days of no sleep.
I have resorted to putting her in my room (her safe place) with food and water, and litter is in her usual spot in my ensuite.
Shes finally quiet.
Am I doing a selfish thing? I feel terrible.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is selfish? That you are putting her in a separate room or spaying her?

I probably would resort to putting a cat in heat in another space if I had it. While I personally ever had to deal with this, I certainly have heard cats outside and know it would make me insane to listen to inside. My most recent cat was a kitten when I got her and I was the one getting her spayed. I lived in dread that she'd go into heat before I was able to get her fixed!

Unfortunately there really is not anything to do which will "help" her except getting her spayed. Mother nature has it's way. Keep her company best as you can manage and for sure, do not let her get anywhere near an open door or window!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaddyMooandMilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is selfish? That you are putting her in a separate room or spaying her?

I probably would resort to putting a cat in heat in another space if I had it. While I personally ever had to deal with this, I certainly have heard cats outside and know it would make me insane to listen to inside. My most recent cat was a kitten when I got her and I was the one getting her spayed. I lived in dread that she'd go into heat before I was able to get her fixed!

Unfortunately there really is not anything to do which will "help" her except getting her spayed. Mother nature has it's way. Keep her company best as you can manage and for sure, do not let her get anywhere near an open door or window!
I felt bad for locking her in a room 😭

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're doing the right thing. Keeping her contained is best for both her and for your sanity. When I had a girl in the same situation, we kept her confined. When we brought her out to interact with the other kitties, we put her in a carrier or crate.