My Kitten Has Some Pink Bump

Sheeba82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 month old kitten has pink small bump surrounded by black dots these are all over his belly and other than that he has bald patch on his front leg I have no idea what's going on with him

Attachments

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I noticed this is your first post. There is a very helpful Article that discusses skin conditions in cats: Skin Conditions In Cats

Has your kitten been to the vet lately? If not you may want to contact them and explain his symptoms. Please keep us posted on his progress. Best of luck! :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sheeba82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanx for reply ... I ve sent pics to my vet he said its scabies and prescribed me an antifungal lotion ..now my concern is what if my kitty lick the lotion ? As when i applied he immediately licked it what should i do? I ve applied twice since yesterday to the bald spot .his leg is getting worse i think

Attachments

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ask your vet whether it's OK to lick the lotion; if not, you need to put a cone on him. If he's totally miserable with a cone, there are oral meds that can be used.

Also, if you have other cats, they need to be isolated from the affected one. I don't remember for how long, ask your vet. People don't get scabies from cats.

Good luck.