Purraise
I have no experience to help you but lots of
and prayers

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is the sweetest wittle face ever! My goodness

I just have to say don't put her to sleep. Cats with leukemia can live a fairly good life. I do know that if you PM katiemae1277, she could give a lot of information as she has 14 FeLV cats most kittens
She is a great person and can give you lots of tips
Good luck to you and keep us posted!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I also have no personal experience, but I am sending you lots of good thoughts.
Rukia is a real cutie.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Look at that face!
Rukia is such a lucky kitty to have someone like you to love her. Bless you and your family for bringing her into your home.

I will keep you and Rukia in my thoughts. I hope that she has a prolonged life and that you are able to share lots of happy times together.

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HI Rukia is a perfect twin for my Ozzy. I have had some experience with the Luekemia. I had a little orange tabby with it who only lasted a couple of months. Then a few years later I had sisters who both had it. They were a hand full. LOL
They lived just under 3 years with the disease. My vet told me that stress can trigger it into "active" stage, as well as illness. Both of mine got a URI and never came fully back. Once the didease became active they went quickly. With the first one I was on the phone with the vet when she went to the bridge. I believe with all my heart that her sister died from a broken heart. I have 3 other cats, so at the time I had 5. Non of them were seperated for each other. They ate, slept. and pooped together. I am not saying you should mix your cat family togetherl, I am just saying I did and it worked ok. I still have 3. I miss my babies everyday. Hope this helps. Good lUck.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, honey, my heart goes out to you and beautiful Rukia. I pray that she'll have many healthy months and years with you...I know this may not help much, but sometimes God places a friend in our lives, and calls them home early...there is a reason for this, and we need to be thankful for the moments we get to share with them during their time with us, and be blessed by the influence they've had in our lives.
Here's to a healthy Rukia, with a lot of love and special care and attention from you, she'll bring you much joy, no matter how long she's meant to make it!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my word!!. When Lei (xocats) sent me your link and told me how adorable your baby was she wasn't wrong

What a gorgeous little girl you have, and bless your parents and you for giving this little girl a loving home despite her illness. I really pray she lives a long life and we must see more of this little treasure in fur pages

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Hi and welcome to TCS

Rukia certainly is a gorgeous little baby
Thank you for giving her a great chance in life

I know it must seem like there isn't much hope and the outlook looks bleak but there is still a lot of hope yet,
Don't give up...Has she only had the one test at the vet?If so then recent studies have shown there is about 58% chance the test was a false positive.
If she has only had the one test then she should be re-tested in 12 weeks time for a true result..by virus isolation or immunoflouresence.
There will be no point retesting any sooner than 12 weeks apart as the test won't be accurate so there would be no point your vet charging for one so soon after the first one.
Here is a very good link that will give you alot of answers to your questions
http://www.gla.ac.uk/vet/clinical/di...lv.htm#mixinfd

Even if the second test does come back positive it's still not the end for Rukia she can live a long and happy life with you...it just means she will be more at risk from infections...which can be limited with careful management

If you need any help or advice on Felv feel free to pm me anytime

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww your baby is adorable! I'm so sorry to hear that she was diagnosed with Leukemia. Hopefully she'll live a very long happy life. Just cherish everyday that you have with her. I wish you the best of luck.