My kitten has a hole above his shoulder?

CocotheCatOwner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Coco has recently given birth a kitten, however coco has accessibly picked up the kitten by its neck, constantly moving the kitten around which has created a massive hole above its shoulder, but my cat keeps licking the area causing it to bleed, what should i do please? image.jpg

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kitten may need a stitch or two to close it. Mama most likely won't leave it alone. I would bring teh kitten to a vet and see what can be done, It may need some kind of binding or cover until it heals. It WILL heal eventually, but will take a long time being that big. mama is keeping it clean and open to drain. But it would heal much faster with stitches or glue. Preferably glue.I don't know if you could rig up some kind of wrap-around strap around the kitten's body and that area. I'm so sorry, that is something you definitely didn't need!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CocotheCatOwner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The kitten may need a stitch or two to close it. Mama most likely won't leave it alone. I would bring teh kitten to a vet and see what can be done, It may need some kind of binding or cover until it heals. It WILL heal eventually, but will take a long time being that big. mama is keeping it clean and open to drain. But it would heal much faster with stitches or glue. Preferably glue.I don't know if you could rig up some kind of wrap-around strap around the kitten's body and that area. I'm so sorry, that is something you definitely didn't need!
Thank you! im definitely going to try and create a wrap around to stop any kind of further infection, very much appreciated.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! im definitely going to try and create a wrap around to stop any kind of further infection, very much appreciated.
Please do make sure you take that kitten to the vet to have it properly cleaned and attended to in whatever way they feel necessary. At home remedies may make this worse. Sometimes they suggest leaving it unwrapped, or different types of covers - depends on the type of wound. May need an antibiotic also.