my kitten died:(

athenslittledar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My name is Stacey and I have to agree with the others, your cat needs to be spayed. The miricle of birth is great but when you go into all the animals shelters and see all the babies having to be put down everyday you will understand why we are saying what we are. Their are just too many kittens out there and intentionally adding more is only adding to a horrible problem..pet overpopulation.
I just started a kitten rescue in my area.....and I feel your pain. Thursday night and then last night I lost two kittens that were found in someones yard. It is hard & I am sorry you are going through it. I know most shelters are soooo overcrowded they would welcome your help. If you think your cat could feed a litter I am sure they would love it. If you don't want to do that, what about you offering to be a foster home for kittens.
I am despertly looking for foster homes in my area and would love nothing more than having someone as sweet as you sound offering to help me.
It is great and you are saving lives that might otherwise never have a chance.

Good luck and please keep us updated.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My opinion is to get her spayed. If you and your friends/family want kittens so bad, the best way to go about that is to visit your local shelter. It's kitten season, so if you go today you could bring one home today! You'd be saving a kitten's life, who is already alive and needing a home.

Why risk going through the trouble of putting your cat through another unneccesary pregnancy, just to get kittens. There are easier/better ways.

You say you want your cat to be all natural, but breeding her on purpose is not.

lydia_plus3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vmf

thank you guys for your support we are going to try again in few month and hopefully the second try is going to be better then the first one. it still hurts, this small innocent baby was not even given a chanse to live.......
So sorry about your loss. I would probably do the same thing in giving this mama cat another try at it before getting her spayed. I also think that fostering kittens was a good idea, I might try both - if you're up to all that. I can also understand how you must feel, & how worried you must be about suffering that same heartache again, along w/ your mama cat. It's a tough call. My thoughts & prayers are w/ you, & wish you & your mama cat the very best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vmf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i dont want a regular kitten, i want siamese kittens and so do ppl who are waiting for my cats kittens, this is the reason i'm doing this.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vmf

i dont want a regular kitten, i want siamese kittens and so do ppl who are waiting for my cats kittens, this is the reason i'm doing this.
So why not work with a reputable breeder?? I'm sure that Gaye could help you find one. Even if your cat is a siamese...does not mean she should be bred and I am concerned about her health after having lost this little one. There is a wonderful rescue group that places siamese cats and kittens:

http://www.siameserescue.org/