my kitchen colors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There! Now you can visualize...it's small but I think I can work with it....(um, with all you wonderful people's help...
)

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted a Kiss-chen, decorated with red and pink appliances, red counter-tops, and kisses all over. My friend got me some kiss-shaped decals, but I ended up putting them on my desk because I don't want to do any REAL decorating until I my own house. I had a theme for every room...my how my tastes have changed!

Now, I like modern kitchens with all black and stainless steel. I'd love black with silver flecks marble floors in there. I saw some at Home Depot and I've had my eye on it ever since.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What about some small paper lanterns? It would lighten up the room and if you chose the right theme (or just got plain white) it could be very fetching.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It is very liberating to change your decor, isn't it
My last house was decorated country, but I have been decorating completely different in this house. The bad thing is the $$ it costs to completely change your decor
I think a pale green or yellow would work well with your countertops.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm the counter is an interesting colour. I'm thinking red would go really well with that. Is red a jungly colour?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you said Blonde.. I thought you actually meant blonde! LIKE AS IN HAIR COLOUR LOL!!!!!!!!!
now i have seen your kitchen.... i dont know? just looks like you need to clear up thos cupboards and add the rest on your countertops in.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

When you said Blonde.. I thought you actually meant blonde! LIKE AS IN HAIR COLOUR LOL!!!!!!!!!
now i have seen your kitchen.... i dont know? just looks like you need to clear up thos cupboards and add the rest on your countertops in.
that's what my kitchen needs, all the time!
unfortunately, i have minimal cabinet space, so can't store everything i have... hmmmm... maybe i have too much stuff? i built my kichen color scheme around the counter tops, but was lucky enough to have white counters. i'd like to paint my cabinets white - they're a light brown wood, sort of like yours. but my mom pointed out that painted cabinets will show grease & dirt much more than the wood grain ones do. not that you shouldn't clean them, but you'll be cleaning them more because every little speck will show.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Hmmm the counter is an interesting colour. I'm thinking red would go really well with that. Is red a jungly colour?
I think red IS a jungly color, but my bedroom has a red wall and sometimes I get tired of it. Maybe just behind the sink and do the rest light yellow?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, why not do a couple of colours? You could use red on an accent wall, that way it's not overwhelming.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is written in response to Menagerie Mama`s kitchen color thread...I did`nt know how to add photos to an already existing thread...so Mods, feel free to move if there.
I have cobalt blue in my kitchen, with red accents....but your aqua would be equally as pretty as my darker blue.
Also (for the gal that wanted to paint her cupboards white but her Mom thought they`d show dirt more. easily...well my white insets clean very easily with a damp rag. I used a high gloss oil base paint.)
Linda

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stampit3d

Also (for the gal that wanted to paint her cupboards white but her Mom thought they`d show dirt more. easily...well my white insets clean very easily with a damp rag. I used a high gloss oil base paint.)
Linda
that was me! i also think it might be a bigger job than i want to tackle...

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about a Southwestern theme with the coral color and the turquois color and tans/browns?? I've seen a lot of pretty kitchen pottery and dishes with these colors.
I just think the yellow is going to look too washed out.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just that I'm SO not into the southwest theme...good thought though, aqua is SO big with that theme...

charcoal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't really like the aqua countertops, I would have them replaced once I had decided on a theme. That is just my two cents though.